What's new

Rob Zombie's Halloween coming on December 18 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Just in time for Christmas, Rob Zombie's heart warming Halloween remake. :) I wasn't the biggest fan of it but it was better than almost every Halloween sequel. Since it's a horor movie, there's two separate unrated and rated versions. They're adding 11 minutes of deleted footage back into the movie which may help it since the last hour or so seemed to jump from murder to murder without any scenes in between.

More info here:
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/halloween3.html

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
Call me old-fashioned,or whatever,but releasing a horror movie,like Halloween,the week before Christmas?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Getting it out in that week before Christmas will sell more copies (since people will buy anything just to have a gift). Plus, this movie appeals to teens and young adults so it'll already be in stores when they get giftcards for Christmas.

BarryS

Second Unit
I will probably buy this. I'm a big Rob Zombie fan and it looks like a sweet DVD package. I'm glad there's a director's cut. From the very mixed reviews, I got the impression that the film could use some tweaking.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member

Yes, the studios have to do this because unfortunately there is just simply no time frame that is appropriate for a horror movie release towards - oh, say the end of October or something. If there was only a way to tie Halloween into a major holiday of some sort, they'd be made!

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Come on now... we have titles like black xmas...... why not spread a little joy around the world and give your loved one a nice little dvd called halloween...teehee

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm glad it's coming out that soon otherwise it might of been one of those titles that we would have had to wait until next Halloween to get, I hate when studios do that, it took The Polar Express an entire year to come out.

It'll never top the original but I liked the remake and am curious about Zombie's cut, the kid was particularly effective during the first 35-40 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks