What's new

Road to Perdition Variation? Read this! (1 Viewer)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
The following link is for Conrad Hall's obituary:

http://film.guardian.co.uk/news/stor...876115,00.html

He died January 4, 2003

I haven't double checked but believe my version has the dedication.

Here is another short obituary:

Cinematographer Conrad Hall dies at 76

Staff and agencies
Monday January 6, 2003

Conrad L Hall, the much admired cinematographer who recently helped Sam Mendes to an Oscar, has died. He was 76.
"I'm devastated," Mendes, the director of American Beauty and Road to Perdition, told Variety. "Conrad was not only one of the greatest cinematographers who ever lived but was also a wonderful man who touched everyone he worked with. I will miss him more than I can say, both as a collaborator and as a friend."

Hall's 50-year career won him nine Oscar nominations and two awards, for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and American Beauty. He is tipped to win another Academy Award nomination posthumously this year, for Perdition.

He was born in Tahiti, the son of Mutiny on the Bounty co-author James Norman Hall. At the time of his death, he was reported to be considering making his directing debut on a self-penned comedy.

He died at a Santa Monica hospital of complications arising from cancer of the bladder.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, that solves it then, right? Those that were pressed prior to his death wouldn't have the tribute. They must have added it to the runs that were pressed after his death but didn't want to scrap the first batches.

Kami

Screenwriter
DTS version, no tribute. VOB files dated Dec. 20, 2002.

Yep you're probably right, Malcolm.

Ryan_TD

Stunt Coordinator
DD here and no tribute
so far no one with the DD copy has a tribute, so it seems like a limited issue with dts only

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
^ that's the same as mine. this is the DTS without the tribute. What's the UPC for the DTS with the tribute?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks