What's new

Rizzoli & Isles Season 2 (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Don't know quite what to make of the second season of Rizzoli & Isles. It's been very patchy compared to a good run of quality episodes in the first season. Can probably count on one hand how many really good episodes there have been (including the episode where Jane's nemesis returns, and the war re-enactment murder case).

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I thought the show kind of fell apart at the end of the first season (last couple of episodes), and that the second season was a little steadier. It's not a great show, but I do enjoy the chemistry between the two leads, and the plots hold my interest even with all of the problems. I'm looking forward to its summer run for season three.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I agree with MattH. It's not a great show, but I do feel it's fun to watch. Unlike a lot of shows where you actually have to pay attention or you might miss some major story point, this is just good, light summer fare. Play it in the background while barbequing, talking on the phone or just about anything else. You won't miss much and it's easy to catch right back on to the storyline. Glad it's back for another run. Don't recall her name, but always missed the one woman since she so violently left NCIS. Nice seeing her back on a regular show again.
----------------------------------
Temporary brain cramp, Sasha Alexander is the woman I was thinking of.
----------------------------------
Another brief edit, but an interesting piece of trivia I never knew, Sophia Loren is Sasha's mother in law.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by MattH. /t/312979/rizzoli-isles-season-2#post_3916124
I thought the show kind of fell apart at the end of the first season (last couple of episodes), and that the second season was a little steadier. It's not a great show, but I do enjoy the chemistry between the two leads, and the plots hold my interest even with all of the problems. I'm looking forward to its summer run for season three.
Compared to Covert Affairs and Rookie Blue, which had consistent second seasons and improved and surprised in places, of the shows I watch each week Rizzoli & Isles has been a show which I don't mind watching, but I haven't been impressed by it much in it's second season. Some shows are like films at the cinema where you leave your brain at the door, and some you concentrate on, and others are a mixture of the two. Rizzoli & Isles is a mixture of the two. The chemistry is as good as in the first season though (just wish they'd choose the right music for a scene. And sometimes a piece of music need not be used).

Three more episodes of the second season left.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Though the writing and casting are inconsistent, one thing that isn't inconsistent is its popularity. It emerged by the end of season two as TNT's most popular series last season unseating The Closer (but not by much) which had held the crown for six previous years.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Were the top two places in the most watched weekly US cable series chart swapped round, with The Closer down to second place? Since Rizzoli & Isles debuted, The Closer had been the most watched US cable series with Rizzoli & Isles in second place. The last time I checked the ratings for Rizzoli & Isles' second season they had dropped a bit since the first season. and was still in second place.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The chart I read in Variety within the past month ranked the shows after DVR+3 results were tallied for their most recent seasons and showed The Closer behind by less than a million viewers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks