What's new

RIP: Tony Scott (1 Viewer)

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Shocking how it was done. It's strange but before I went to the movies tonight I was reading something saying he and Cruise were working on TOP GUN 2 and then I get home and see this.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
This news really sucks.
Tony Scott was a great director and really new how to deliver a great action movie.
It's hard to believe this was a suicide.

DustinPizarro

Stunt Coordinator
Like many others here I was shocked to hear this news in the morning. Definetely want to hear a follow up as the details and investigation proceed. I'll be spinning Crimson Tide tonight in his memory. RIP Tony Scott.

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
Shocked and saddened to hear of Tony Scott's death. May he rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers go out to him, his family an friends.
Regards,

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
So the early rumors are that he was diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer. Horrific. I will say this, that if the man was dying sooner rather than later, this is certainly more in keeping with his life's work. Totally Creasy Bear.
Which reminds me, Man on Fire is my all-time Tony-fave, with Last Boy Scout coming a close second (although how one can possibly leave Crimson Tide out of that equation is something I seriously need to ponder later this week when the Tony Tribute Fest™ officially begins in my household).
Rest in peace. Maybe not as cerebral as Ridley, but arguably every bit as entertaining.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Man on Fire is a goddamn classic. Absolutely in my pantheon of great films. Sad to hear about the condition that likely predicated this decision.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Joe Carnahan's really venting over it right now on Twitter.
I can't say I liked Domino, but it is one of the most memorable movies of the past decade for the sheer number of scenes that are sharp and unexpected. Mo'Nique's interracial flow-chart on the Jerry Springer show; Keira punching a girl in the nose; any scene with Brian Austin Green.
For movie lovers, this is just a big, fat speeding-comet-sized tragedy. Hollywood truly lost a visual pioneer. I can't even imagine what Ridley is going through.
There's been a story oft-mentioned by him, about how he was in pre-production on his huge version of Dune, but was scuttled after his older brother Frank died of cancer. He said that he was utterly devastated and destroyed; I can't imagine what this is going to do to him.
Couldn't do the bridge-jump myself either, but this was TONY FREAKING SCOTT. Guy died like he lived -- directing.
EXT. DAY - BRIDGE

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks