What's new

RIP Star Trek's Majel Barrett (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
She finished her voice over for the new movie 2 weeks ago.

I posted this in the Trek thread in the movies forum. I thought it was appropriate here...

I know this sounds wierd. But, I think she stayed alive long enough to finish the voice over work. Which she completed 2 weeks ago. When my grandfather was dying they said he wouldn't last through the day. But, my brother wasn't going to get to us until the next day. The nurse was like no way. He survived and died two hours after my brother arrived the next day. Now, I am not comparing doing a voice over for a movie to seeing a relative. But, Star Trek was very important in her life. It was Majel that helped Gene keep Trek alive. And she was very fond of the fans. And she knew her work on the movie would be important to the original fans.

May she rest in peace with Gene. :frowning:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Nice to see the appreciation for her work on the show. It was also thrilling to play a star trek pc game and have her voice booming out on the computers within the game. She was excellent. It's a real shame to lose her on the eve of a new Trek film. It'll be a bitter-sweet experience next year.

RIP.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just learned of this. I'm bummed out reading of her death. Another of the original STAR TREK cast gone and, in her case, even more. Condolences to her family.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
She was always a joy to watch, not only as Number One in the original pilot, but as Nurse Christine Chapel for the remainder of the original series and as Deanna Troi's mother, Luaxanna, in "The Next Generation". We also have her to thank for bringing "Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda" to syndicated television a few years back with Kevin Sorbo. RIP, Majel, you're deeply and fondly missed already!:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks