What's new

RIP Robin Williams (1 Viewer)

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
I still think "Mork and Mindy" was his best work. But I still haven't seen some of his more acclaimed movies like GOOD MORNING VIETNAM and DEAD POETS SOCIETY.

A memory of HOOK: it has a strong father-child-and-abandonment theme and I took my daughter and nieces to see it when it came out. When it was over, my then-8-year-old daughter reached over and gave me a spontaneous hug, glad that I was there for her. That was amazing. And 23 years later, last week, her birthday card to me expressed a similar sentiment.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
We're losing too many of 'em in too short a period. This news, however, is particularly sad, sad, sad, sad.
Tonight, I think, I will watch the first movie I ever saw Robin Williams in: The World According to Garp.

Rest in Peace, Robin Williams. Bringer of much joy to the people of this world.

Cees

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I go back with Williams to his first appearance on Happy Days. The news yesterday was a real punch in the gut for me. Williams has made me laugh and cry more than any other performer. RIP Mr Williams - may you have vanquished whatever demons haunted you.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I was shocked by the death of Robin Williams, both as a pop culture buff and a man who has battled depression to the point where I even tried tightening a belt around my neck once. I hope that Williams has found the peace that so often eluded him in life.

Pardon me for mentioning this, but I actually wrote a tribute to Robin Williams for Pop Geeks today. I sometimes find that writing articles is the best way to get out my feelings about people whose work I admire and who are no longer with us: http://popgeeks.net/2014/08/12/remembering-robin-williams/

Last night, I listened to his 1986 album "Live At The Met", and it was fun to listen to, but also a little sad, especially the final 3 tracks, "Childbirth", "Childhood" and "And The Future". My good thoughts are with his family as well...No one should have to suffer the loss of a parent.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I know someone might bring up the horrible thing I said about Kurt Cobain on here in 2001, but I was in a bad place emotionally at the time, neglecting my medicine and basically being out of my mind with depression and anger over my life at the time. Talk to somebody...Anybody if you're in a bad place. There is help out there, and people who love you. Never ignore a cry for help, and never be afraid to ask for help.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Going to watch my favorite Robin Williams movie tonight...The Fisher King. Thank you Mr. Williams.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
There was a long time in the 80s and through much of the 90s, when I'd never miss anything Robin Williams did. I also go back to his first appearance on Happy Days. I'd see his films, HBO specials, TV appearances, talk show guest spots, and so on. At the 1986 Amnesty International Conspiracy of a Hope tour finale in New Jersey, Williams' spots were a highlight (and, fortunately, saved on last year's DVD). I always said he was a genius; that his brain worked differently than most people's. I'm sorry he didn't continue to get the kind of roles he deserved, and I'm so, so sorry he's not with us anymore.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
This is still shocking to hear. Rest in Peace, Robin Williams. Such a huge blow for show business!

I always the first time watching "Good Will Hunting", which was the first serious film that I've seen him in. I can remember nearly jumping out of my seat when he grabbed and threatened to kill Matt Damon's character.

I also liked him as Genie in "Aladdin", and always enjoyed his song "A Friend Like Me".

I hope this raises more awareness on depression, especially in men. And how it is not something that be overcome by "sucking it up".

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
It's been a couple of days now and I am still in shock of a great loss to the world. When it came to movies I enjoyed him in, I forgot about What Dreams May Come and how great he was in that. RIP RW, you will be missed.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'm happy I already own most of his flicks. There's a few I still need to see.

The other day I was getting out a bunch of horror/thrillers/etc for Sept and Oct. And came across One Hour Photo. I was up in the air if I was going to watch it again so soon. Not up in the air no more. :) He's brilliant in that. I also recommend The Night Listener. It's on blu ray paired up with something else. Darkness, I think. That's a good movie too.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Like many here; just can't wrap my head and heart around this. Just blew me away. Still does. Prayers sent out to his family and close friends. Can't imagine. :(

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Robin's wife has released a statement. http://deadline.com/2014/08/robin-williams-wife-parkinsons-disease-statement-819537/
“Robin spent so much of his life helping others. Whether he was entertaining millions on stage, film or television, our troops on the frontlines, or comforting a sick child — Robin wanted us to laugh and to feel less afraid.Since his passing, all of us who loved Robin have found some solace in the tremendous outpouring of affection and admiration for him from the millions of people whose lives he touched. His greatest legacy, besides his three children, is the joy and happiness he offered to others, particularly to those fighting personal battles.Robin’s sobriety was intact and he was brave as he struggled with his own battles of depression, anxiety as well as early stages of Parkinson’s Disease, which he was not yet ready to share publicly.It is our hope in the wake of Robin’s tragic passing, that others will find the strength to seek the care and support they need to treat whatever battles they are facing so they may feel less afraid.”

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Today, I am still having trouble dealing with Robin's passing. What a brilliant, delightful artist he was. I had thought he would be a part of my life forever.

Now whenever a picture of him is shown, I find myself looking at his eyes and, now, I often see sadness in them.

Considering how he created his art, Parkinson's must have been terrible news for him. Of course it would be terrible news for anyone, but I think much worse for Robin.

Goodbye dear Robin.

I hope the actors studio shows his interview again.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I just saw Dead Poets Society for the first time. Can you believe that movie is a quarter of century old?!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I haven't seen it in about as much time, but I aim to rectify that once Blu-ray inventory replenishes.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I hope all his stuff gets some quick blu rays. I had to borrow Death to Smoochy over the weekend. Never seen that... absolute delight! Lemme preorder that blu ray!

JasonRoer

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason Roer
Wow, Radioman - I LOVED Death to Smoochy. I had the DVD years ago and have no idea where it is now. Boo to that. Thanks for reminding me of such a fun film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks