What's new

RIP Jeff MacKay (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Just read this in the Tales of the Gold Monkey thread. Actor Jeff MacKay passed last Friday (Aug.22). He was seen on Magnum, Baa Baa Black Sheep, JAG and numerous other Bellisario shows.

Rest in Peace. :frowning:

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
So many people I grew up admiring are dying, including my parents. I did enjoy him in Gold Monkey, Baa Baa Black Sheep and all those guest appearances on various shows.

Also recently deceased with little recognition is Julius Carry who appeared in an episode of JAG with him, better known as Lord Bowler or Sheriff Sho'nuff.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
This is too sad. What would Dr. Shrinker have been without Jeff MacKay? God bless him :frowning:

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Oh wow what a bummer , he was a great character actor and he'll be missed form the tv scene. I love his character as buds dad on jag. Well like most actors as long as the show there go get played the have a certain immortality. Long may Jeff Mackey's re runs play
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Wow, too bad! Yeah, I loved MacKay's character in ``Magnum'' as well as his portrayal of Bud's dad on ``JAG'' and I had no idea that Julius Carry had passed away, too...loved, absolutely loved his portrayal of Lord Bowler in ``Brisco County''. RIP to both. :frowning:

James Corey

Stunt Coordinator

I loved his work as Dr Abe Butterfield in Doctor, Doctor with Matt Frewer. A vastly underrated and too-quickly cancelled show (although it ran for nearly 3 years... when you could find it)

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
I really enjoyed his work on Baa Baa Black Sheep and Magnum PI. My best wishes to his family.

I always thought he deserved to be a more featured actor. I thought he would have made a perfect Cliff Clavin on Cheers, perhaps a bit more sympathetic than John R.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks