1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ringtones

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by DaveF, Jan 17, 2011.

1. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Every forum needs a ringtone thread :)

Maybe it's old news, but I discovered http://audiko.net/ this summer, when I went searching for ringtones for my iPhone. I make some manually, but Audiko has a big library and I keep finding most of what I want there. What's your favorite resource for ringtones?

And my favorites are:

"Showtime" from the Amelie soundtrack. I cut out the melody line and added a fade to the end (in Garage Band) to make a custom ring for my wife.

"Futurama Theme" for an old grad-school friend.

"CTU Phone" from 24. I've wanted this ringtone for five years, since I first watched 24. I finally got it on my iPhone and it's my generic ringer.

2. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I just make my own. Right now, I've only got two customs: the main melody from the Allman Brothers' "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" and the guitar phrase from Badge that leads into the line, "Yes, I told you that the light goes up and down." They work surprisingly well as ringtones. I'm going to make the guitar and dog "call and response" from Pink Floyd's Seamus into a tone for my friend, but I'm thinking it probably won't work out.