1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Right Angle Component RCA Adaptor

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Chris Hovanic, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Chris Hovanic

Chris Hovanic Well-Known Member

I just bought some new cables to move all my gear to a closet in the rear of my Theater/Family room. I moved my Toshibia SD3815 DVD changer into the closet and because its so deep I cant place it as close as I would like to the back of the closet.

Does anyone make a 75ohm Right Angle adaptor for component video cables?

I purchased my Canare component cable from BDCable and would like to maintain some quality.

Thanks for any info [​IMG]

2. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Well-Known Member

Canare, I believe, makes a right-angle RCA plug but not sure if it's an adapter.
    Right angle adapters will be found marketed by...
    Monster ~ $13/pair
    Acoustic Research HT417 about $10/pair
    Radio Shack...dunno about price.

I'm sure that in your yellow pages there'll be some electronic places that'll also carry them. You could certainly order them online but s/h is likely to be a substantial portion of your order.

While I appreciate your desire to maintain as close to a 75 ohm path as possible, it's actually a non-issue with the RCA plugs as their contribution to the signal path is maybe an inch total. This is far less that 1/4 of the wavelengths your cable will be passing.

3. Chris Hovanic

Chris Hovanic Well-Known Member

Thanks Chu Gai

I will have to pick some up next time Im out to frys