What's new

Ridley Scott SEs? (1 Viewer)

Nick Laslett

Stunt Coordinator
Living in the UK getting to see the 90 mins version was really difficult. We had the longer European cut with Jerry Goldsmith score.

Luckily the BBC actually got the US cut instead of the UK cinema version, so when it was finally screened on TV I got to see the other version.

Even though this version is shorter, there are a couple of scenes/shots that don't appear in the longer cut, I remember an additional goblin attack, I'm sure there was more.

If there is a lot of unused footage, then I think Ridley might be able to do wonderful things with this film.

For me what was really lacking was context for the magical kingdom where the story takes places. We meet a Princess, but wedon't see her castle, of people or villages that live in the kingdom. With no population to be enslaved, you wonder why the dark lord is bothering with his plan. With no father and mother it is hard to connect with the Princess. Eternal winter arrives and it only seems to effect 1 person and her cottage.

I hope some of the unused footage relates to my concerns, because other than that the film nailed a lot of the aspects of fantasy cinema really well, especially the baddie.

AlexCremers

Second Unit
I always thought that The Hero's Journey (the archetypal journey found in every myth) was seriously underdeveloped in Legend. That said, I never saw the DC.

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks