What's new

Revolution Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The smartest thing the show did was set Tom Neville off on his own and allow Giancarlo Esposito to be Machiavellianly awesome every week.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It's a shame this show only got itself straightened out after all of the viewers had given up on it. I find it reliably enjoyable at this point, and the characters act 100 times smarter than they did in the first season. The twists are genuinely surprising, and there's a matter-of-fact brutality about the proceedings befitting the world that's been presented here.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
A couple of things....-I think it might have been cool. If the power had stayed on.-Was good to see that certain parts of society (ie-reporters w/cameras) are back. We had all of these things before electricity.-I wonder if they will show how the Patriots got so well equipt, so strong and stayed so hidden for so long, Even down in Cuba. They had 3 masted ships and within a few months have large contingents of men all over the country.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I have to vent about this. Who is the guy who plays Aaron? The producers or maybe the directors brother?

He is awful. Just compare him in any scene to the others around him. They move their heads, their bodies, show emotion in their expressions and eyes. He just stands there like a fence post.

The Sophia Coppola of network TV. Totally takes me out of any scene he's in because he's so bad. How do people like this get hired? Go to almost any local theatre or high school production and the actors are far beyond his skill level.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Aw, I like Aaron and I think his body language is a conscious choice by the actor. He sort of reminds me of a cow; docile and mostly still until provoked, and then a stampeding beast that you'd better get out of the way of.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
That actually helps Adam. I'm catching up on the last three episodes, but picturing him in my mind as a cow does somehow make me a little bit more tolerant of him. He still has the acting ability of a fence post, but I just have to look past that. With him being a cow helps.

Thanks

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Some big reveals this week. But, couple of things...

-Is Aaron the biggest idiot in the world?? He finally gets an explanation of whats going on...Does he use this connection to help him and his friends...or even the country? No...He tells them to go away. Ugh...this one pissed me off.

-We see Neville's wife alive. But, also it amazes me how established the Patriots are. Where were they stocking all of these supplies and troops? Yes, I know they indoctrinated new soldiers. But...really that quick. I am glad to see the railroads being used more.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
A strong first half to the season which as someone mentioned may be too little too late as viewers decline. But it seems to be embracing its science fiction elements more fully now with that last episode.

I didn't mind Aaron's response - he obviously feels he can't control it and I like how it played into the ending too

The shock reveal of Neville's wife was not that surprising really as I think it was obvious from the moment she was written out in Season 1. Interesting to see where they take it though.

After a so-so first season. I have to say the show has brought me back in to the point where I wouldn't mind a third season at this rate. They seem to have hit a stride at the moment.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
todd s said:
-Is Aaron the biggest idiot in the world?? He finally gets an explanation of whats going on...Does he use this connection to help him and his friends...or even the country? No...He tells them to go away. Ugh...this one pissed me off.
I was also quite surprised by this and by his failure later to ask for healing and instead went straight to revenge.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
For me, it's more like: When every other character suddenly started getting written a lot better, he sort of stayed at the early-season-one status quo. Charlie, for instance, was an infuriatingly stupid character in the first season and is coolly practical this season.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
This was the most intriguing episode since the ending of S1. Aaron's reaction was frustratingly correct for his character. He's a dot-com geek. He wants to be left alone to code. He is not a Tom Neville, and yet he's far worse. He's not a Randall, yet he's far more powerful. He is not meant to be a god among men. And faced with the source of his power, carnage, the reasons for being tortured, and what is costing him his love, he reacted emotionally and rejected it.And because that force is independent and not beholden to him in any material way, decided it no longer need be driven to his erratic urges.I still hope for more from this show, but the basic story and twists are interesting. Sometimes exciting. And they're making changes for the better.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This show has gotten to the point where it's no longer a guilty pleasure but rather a genuine pleasure. Watching this chronicle of how one family of lethal, remorseless psychopaths wages its warpath of death and destruction across the North American continent is never less than engaging. This has become a show about uniformly hard people, and that makes it interesting.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Lots of cliffhangers in the last episode. Luckily we get a new episode this coming week. If this show gets renewed another season I wonder if we will be getting another shake-up of the status quo at the end of this season.

When the series started I was wondering why it was called Revolution, but we can see many meanings of the word and lots of revolutions as the series has continued.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
The series is still watchable, but one of the things I can't get past is the use of the Munro character and they way they have contrived to keep him in the storyline when they should have just had him killed in Season 1. The way the characters are with him now is simply not believable.

I also am not holding out much hope for a proper ending since I suspect this will be cancelled by the end of the season.
I was intrigued by the mid season finale, but it just seems to be going nowhere now. The whole trip to Mexico to find Munro's son is dull and at the moment they just seem to be keeping the characters floating until the final few episodes.

The problem with arc shows these days is that it's fast becoming predictable in that much of the season is filler with the exception of the first one, the last couple and a few in-between where sweeps are. That is very much how this show feels now.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm losing interest. The characters are violent murderers, with little or no redeeming qualities. Everything is grim. That could be interesting as anti-hero show, but Revolution substitutes violent filler action scenes for story or character development. The larger story has become a plodding political power struggle.

Aaron's vision quest is so disconnected from the rest of the show, and so fantastical compared to the mundane swords-and-politics of the main show, that it's losing me too. Revolution has had this dichotomy from the start, but it was better integrated for a while. Currently, it's two completely different shows alternating with commercial breaks.

I can do anti-hero, but I need compelling characters and great writing. I like fantastical sci-fi, but bogging it down with political theater is tricky.

I continue to be impressed with the soundtrack (this show really grabs hold of my SVS and shakes the living room at times) as well as the clever use of acoustic covers of pop music to remind us where we're at in world and culture.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Back from the Olympics break. A solid in-between episode with setup for what should be a fun episode next week.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It's basically a show about three families of violent psychopaths and their reigns of terror across the continent, but I enjoy the hell out of it. Given how badly Tracy Spiridakos was at playing a naive teengager, it was a pretty bold choice to turn her into basically a younger female Miles. But it was absolutely the right choice, because the Charlie character works now in a way that she hadn't for most of the show's run.

And Aaron's storyline playing with some well-polished tropes of literary science fiction is a lot of fun. With regard to the nanobots as God, the show's basically making the argument: If it acts like God, performs miracles like God, and quacks like God, then for all practical purposes it is God.

And now that Aaron has played the role of Prometheus and tricked the gods of Olympus to bring fire to mankind, the microscopic gods seem poised to unfurl their vengeance against him.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I guess most of the next episode will take place in the alternate what if the nanobots were never invented world - airing on March 5, 2014 and taking place on that date as well.

I wonder if it will a Ground Hog Day situation where Aaron will be repeating things a few times or whether it will just continue in time from March 5 until he does something radical.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks