What's new

REVENGE OF THE SITH DVD Review up and running...(let the flood begin)(SNEAK LOOK POST #146)... (1 Viewer)

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
My ranking:
"The Empire Strikes Back"
"Revenge of the Sith"
"A New Hope"
"Attack of the Clones"
"Return of the Jedi"
"The Phantom Menace"

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Well, since everybody else is doing it:

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. Revenge of the Sith
4. Return of the Jedi
5. Attack of the Clones
6. The Phantom Menace

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Oh, what the hell, I'll join in too:

1. Star Wars
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. Return of the Jedi

;)

4. Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
5. Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope
6. Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
7. Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
8. Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace
9. Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

:)

Greg_Dickens

Auditioning
I was thinking that Grevious's coughing is from Mace crushing his ribs in the last scene of Clone Wars. I just think his voice was so weak compared to the one in Clone Wars that it ruined the character for me.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
We should probably resurrect the SAGA thread over in Movies for our rankings. Then we can discuss-again:D why each of us is right. ;)

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
Eh, why not?

2. Tie: Revenge Of The Sith
2. Tie: A New Hope
4. Return Of The Jedi
5. Attack Of The Clones
6. The Phantom Menace

ElijahS

Supporting Actor

I'm glad to hear that; the new puppet for Episode I always struck me as odd. I think it was the significantly larger crazy eyes.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Guys, the puppet Yoda has NOT been replaced in "The Phantom Menace". The "replacement" is currently nothing more than an animation test for "Revenge of the Sith" and that's where you'll find it: on the "Revenge of the Sith" DVD. It's very likely that this animation would be applied to a future release of "The Phantom Menace" but there's no such release on the horizon, everything that says otherwise is only rumor and speculation. Future "Star Wars" releases are practically inevitable but they aren't coming for a couple of years at least, and until that happens it's not accurate to say that Episode I Puppet Yoda has been "replaced".

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That's not true. Coleman said they totally replaced Episode I Yoda in order to "limber up" for Sith. The work is done. That doesn't mean we're getting it any time soon.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
Greg is right. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=11490

Q: Is it true you're going to digitize Yoda in Episode I to match the Yoda in the other two prequels?

Rob Coleman: We've already gone ahead and did that. We did that between Episode II and III. It was really an exercise to get the team back into the character. On Episode II, I was stressing about living up to what Frank had created. A lot of our focus was on the final battle sequence between Yoda and Count Dooku. We had never seen Yoda do that before. In the process, we were learning about acting as animators. It was really exciting for me to have the team back again between Episode II and III. We used Episode I as a test-bed because we didn't know what was going to be in Episode III, so we got the team back up to speed. We really honed out acting skills and, using that as a springboard, we moved right on to Episode III.

And before anyone gets worried...

Q: Since Yoda was digitally replaced in the first one, is there any talk of going to the original.

Coleman: No chance! That will never happened to it.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
The Episode I DVD still features puppet Yoda and there is no release with the puppet replaced on the horizon at this time. You see the word "test" a lot in those quotes. When Lucas inevitably revisits the saga a couple years from now, I'd be amazed if he DIDN'T use the CGI Yoda in Episode I, my whole point is this: for the next two years or so we're all gonna be watching a puppet version of Yoda when we watch "The Phantom Menace".

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Well, I agree that it's a pretty safe bet we'll see a 6 film box set(with the new CGI Yoda in Episode I) sometime in 2007. The only questions really left to be answered are whether he'll bring it out to conicide with the 30th Anniversary in May or the holdiday shopping season in November AND if it will be on standard definition DVD only. If he released a 6 film box set on Blu Ray, that would probably make me run out and buy a new player(something I'm opposed to doing at the moment).

Kevin Lamb

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Lamb
May: Theatrical premiere of each new Episode.

January/February/March: Theatrical releases on 20th anniversary.

Fall: The season all six SW films have been released on DVD (once 11/1/05 rolls around.)

I'm sticking with November. :cool:

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
DVD's will probably always be released as close as possible to the holiday season, for obvious reasons.

Brenton

Screenwriter
2. A New Hope
3. Revenge of the Sith
4. Return of the Jedi
5. The Phantom Menace
6. Attack of the Clones

But I love them all!

ShaunG

Stunt Coordinator
__________________________________________________ ________