What's new

REVENGE OF THE SITH DVD Review up and running...(let the flood begin)(SNEAK LOOK POST #146)... (1 Viewer)

Shane Dodson

Stunt Coordinator
http://www.dvdtown.com/review/starwa...he/16543/3172/

I'm not sure if there's any other DVD review site that has reviewed this title yet, so I can't say for sure this is the first one, but expect more to flood in any day (or minute) now.

That said, the review itself is a bit maddening. The reviewer admits to not liking the look of "digital filmmaking." He spends most of the time in the review picking apart ROTS...but he seemed to have liked the transfer and (especially) the sound.

Not much in-depth about the extras, but the easter egg--from what I've heard--sounds like a hoot.

Anyway...here ya go. If this thread needs to be merged with the larger STAR WARS thread, I understand.

Regards,

- S.D.

Dannie

Stunt Coordinator
hmm i wonder where the deleted scene is of qui gon jinn's ghost and yoda? just b4 amidalas funeral?

Bill Hunt

Insider
We've posted our Episode III DVD review as well at The Digital Bits.

For the record, Rick McCallum said at the Ranch yesterday that the Qui-Gon scene was never shot. It was only completed in rough animatic form, with a temp voice standing in for Liam Neeson. Neeson's actual voice-over was never recorded.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Great review, Bill. Looking very forward to seeing and hearing just how good it is.

Jeff(R)

Second Unit

Thanks! Great review. It was also nice to read that the Episode I Yoda puppet has been replaced.

Jeff

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Bill, I know you have watched the new DVD. Is the movie any different than the theatrical version?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
What I don't get is why the Bits keeps publishing the complicated directions for accessing the different menus. If ROTS is anything like the other DVDs, all you have to do is press 1,2 or 3 on your remote during the FBI Warning screen to access each menu. You can press 1,2 or 3 on the "Attention" screen for each menu as well, but you will be taken right to the menu without the opening animation. I don't know why they keep stating the +10,2,2 thing etc.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Why do I do this to myself? I read these great reviews (in referrance to yours, Bill), get myself all worked up (let's face it, I was already worked up over this dvd) and then I remember that I still have to wait 3 agonizing weeks for it! :frowning:

I did the same thing when Ron reviewed the Episode II dvd 3 years ago.

Ah, what the hell, it'll be worth the wait from what I just read. :)

Mark Lucas

Second Unit
Hopefully this dvd will look and sound better than the soft and tinny mess I experienced in a theater. The soundtrack was just weak.

Bill Hunt

Insider

You're correct on this - I've tested them. Easter egg instructions for all 6 of the Star Wars movie DVDs have been updated on The Bits' reviews. Thanks for the info.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Me too, I saw the film 5 times in theaters and the image was great, but I have yet to have a great audio experience with the film, that should be rectified on Nov 1st! :)

Dannie

Stunt Coordinator
awwww that qui gonn scene was one of the main reasons i wanted to get the dvd hm oh well

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Good review, Bill. As expected PQ and Audio are top-notch. I'd expect no less.

I'm excited about getting the film itself as well. I would have liked a major doc on the story, but what we get sounds pretty good. The AOTC doc (Puppets to Pixels) did little for me. I watched it once, and don't even remember it. Within a Minute sounds much more intriguing. I have yet to listen to a PT commentary, but the EIII one sounds like what I've been waiting for. Great news.

I'm perfectly willing to wait...we've got Titanic and Batman Begins in the meantime, one of which I've waited EIGHT YEARS for. So I'll have no problem waiting.

I'm still excited about the disc, though.

Take care,
Chuck

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

I only saw it in the theater once. But, the sound was turned up so loud that my ears were bleeding. Seriously, I was sweating in the first few minutes, just because I was so uncomfortable. The wife had to tear up napkins and stuff them in her ears.

After the movie I went to complain to the manager. He said something like, "Yeah, isn't it great!" I told him it's gotta be bad for people's hearing and he said that it was at a set level and they could not adjust it. He gave us two comp tickets... We went to another theater to see Batman Begins!

Anyway, sorry about the off topic rant! Great review, Bill and I can't wait to see the movie again ...in a more controlled environment!

greg_t

Screenwriter
I saw it in four different theaters and the sound was way too low in each. I can't wait for the dvd to actually be able to hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks