What's new

Revenge of the Nerds: Special Edition + 4-Pack Gift Set (1 Viewer)

John*P

Second Unit
Fox has announced that they will release Revenge of the Nerds: Special Edition on March 6th, 2007. It will be presented in 1:85:1 anamorphic widescreen and contain Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo tracks.

Special Features...

*Audio Commentary with director Jeff Kanew and actors Robert Caradine, Timothy Busfield and Curtis Armstrong

*Six deleted scenes

*"I'm a Nerd and I'm Pretty Proud of It" featurette

*Rarely-seen "Revenge of the Nerds" TV Pilot

*Original Theatrical Trailer

Also, Fox will be releasing a Revenge of the Nerds 4-Pack Gift Set, which contains the new Special Edition as well as the three sequels. (to my knowledge, this is the first time Revenge of the Nerds 3 & 4 will be available on DVD)

This info is from DavisDVD

I'm a big fan of the original Revenge of the Nerds, so I'll be getting the SE for sure. (a double-dip for me, as I have the Nerds 1 & 2 double feature DVD) I've never seen Nerds 3 or 4...but I've heard they're not very good. I generally avoid made-for-tv movies...especially ones that act as sequels to theatrically released films. I'm probably not going to bother getting the gift set, as I have little desire to see 3 or 4. For those who have seen them, are they any good? Good enough to recommend?

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
This is cool news! My friend just gave me his 'Double Feature' containing the first 2 films. Having watched them for the first time in 15 years, I literally forgot how great they were. That being said, I'll gladly upgrade with the gift set. The 2 made-for-TV sequels were sub-par at best, but I'd still like to have them in order to complete the series. Can't wait to get this!

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
There was another pilot? I though RotNIII was supposed to be that.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I love the first two and will buy the set if the second one gets an improved transfer. They'll actually both need noticeably better transfers for me to upgrade from the original two-pack. If they put back the one second cut in the original, I'll buy it even if it looks worse. :)

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
For $10 more, I'm buying the 4-Pack films set! It's only $10...:crazy:

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Yeah, I'm getting the 4-pack. Parts 2 and 3 weren't too bad, plus it's only $10 more. OCD, completist, both?

RyanAn

Screenwriter
It's coming out one day before my birthday! yah!

I grew up on Nerds - I heard "panty raid" before I knew what it was - dang.

I'll definately be picking up this set and enjoying the heck out of it!

"NEERRRDS!"

ry

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I may just have to get all 4 as well, even though I only liked the first! And wasn't 3 or 4 partially in 3-D?

Now will the removed scene (where Anthony Edwards carried the real estate sign with a live phone number) be reinstated?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That's one of the key selling points, strangely. If that little blip is still cut, I'll probably be fine with my double feature disc.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member

:laugh:

Surprised Fox greenlighted the title though. I could see certain groups being offended by it.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

:)

Seriously, Anthony Edwards needs to grow the F-up. I can't believe he is still trying to distance himself from this movie. :rolleyes

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I remember seeing 3 on TV one time, but I don't think I ever saw part 4. Still, the new SE sounds great, so I'll probably upgrade to the box set.

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
John DVDActive have protection on their dvd covers.
Thats why your attached picture is not showing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks