What's new

Revenge Director's Cut (1 Viewer)

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
Good evening Mr De Lauzirika,

I just watched this on BRD for the first time today.
I noticed you masterminded the featurette and I am guessing most of the disc.
It is a good disc but there is not much in the way of extras, I understand there are budgets for these discs and it must have been a labour of love for someone that we get Tony Scott's vision at all.
Could you please go into any details about the making of the disc at all ?

Thanks in advance

Real Name
Charles de Lauzirika
It's true, it was a very low budget project, probably one of the lowest I've ever had to work with. What money there was really needed to go into Tony's director's cut and making him happy with that. Editorial, sound and color-timing had to be up to Tony's demanding standards, so once that was done, there was only a very tiny piece of the pie left for the extras. But while I would loved to have made a longer documentary and included more materials, the sobering reality of the budget and tight schedule simply overrode any ambition for the extras we might have had.

But there were some bright spots, to be sure. Interviewing Tony is always a blast, and he always peppers his interviews with some juicy Hollywood stories that probably won't be safe for public consumption for decades. Driving up to Costner's house in Santa Barbara turned out to be a very pleasant afternoon, as he hung out and chatted with us for an hour after the camera was off. His disarming intelligence and brutal honesty about the film industry were truly enlightening. My biggest disappointment was in not being able to interview Madeliene Stowe myself (Paul Prischman conducted that one). I've always had bit of a crush on her and wow, she still looks spectacular today -- and also had some fascinating recollections from the film's production.

It was certainly a labor of love for us all, especially Tony. He pretty much single-handedly willed that disc into reality.

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
Wow thanks for the great insight, and quick reply.
Was there talk of getting Tarantino involved at all ? his name is all over the cover lol

Real Name
Charles de Lauzirika
I've tried to land an interview with Tarantino a few times. First for "Top Gun," then for "Revenge," and then again for "Blade Runner," and I failed all three times. It's always been difficult given his schedule. Hopefully I'll succeed one of these days. The guy is a walking, talking, breathing DVD supplement.

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
He is that !
Has Tony taked at all about revisting any more of his older movies in this way ?
I had not seen the original version, but being a fan of Tony and this being the only movie of his I had not seen picked it up as a blind buy.
It stands up well as an early 90's flick, that may be due to the edits he made but I still dug the hell out of it

Caroline999

Auditioning
Real Name
Caroline

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks