What's new

Reunion - ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I've been hearing this since my media studies courses in college over 10 years ago. The system made little sense then; it makes less sense now with technologies like Tivo. The system is pretty entrenched and I think it would take something highly controversial, like a provable, catastrophic miscalculation of viewership numbers, for it to change. That or a competitor who actually does offer a better system. I doubt Nielsen is going to be the innovator in this case.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
So is the Dec 1 episode still going to be on, or no?

Let's see- they showed what, 3 or 4 episodes, then a month off for baseball, then a couple more episodes, now it's cancelled. What kind of audience were they expecting, with that kind of erratic scheduling on a show with a continuing storyline? Plus it's up against CSI & The Apprentice. What exactly does Fox have that they think will do any better in that time slot?

How many people hear about shows like this at the beginning, are interested in watching, but decide not to bother since the show might get killed mid-season? Probably more and more.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
12/01/05

That was one Thanksgiving dinner gone terribly awry.

Had to laugh at the horrible Apollo Creed afro-wig that Ken was sporting in 1992.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
This show keeps getting better and better. Naturally, Fox has crippled it (no pun intended).

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
JoeN:

What's the point of airing ANY more then? I can't believe that some station (FX, Lifetime, USA, etc.) could not pick this up...hell, why doen't Fox just move it to Saturday night and replace tired shows like Cops!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
FOX sucks, FOX sucks, FOX sucks...

hang on, I have one more left in me...

FOX sucks!!!

They set up a great murder mystery and then...nope, sorry, can't see it.

:angry:

I guess we can now let the years of internet legends and theories begin, along with what happened to ALF in the last episode.

JoeN

Agent
Think we have any chance of them filming all 22 and doing a direct to DVD set?

I am not going to watch anymore.... I saw last nights and I do not really see a point to see any more.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I'd settle for a "storybook" type continuation on a Website or something to that effect. I don't mind reading what happens. Put in a few illustrations or something just to add some flavor.

But the show is also about revenue and unless someone ponies up some cash, it's truly over unless the execs just do it for the love of the story (and their loyal fans).

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
Jon Harmon Feldman has gotten a raw deal for the last few years from Fox.

Tru Calling had a fantastic arc mapped out and they canceled it. Reunion's concept was a self contained season when it was picked up, so if Fox cannot committ to airing all the episodes, then why bother picking it up in the first place?

Joe_H

Screenwriter
So I know its going to be cancelled, but I have nothing better to watch on Thursday so I've still been watching anyway, and each episode I watch bugs me more because it just keeps getting better and better.

Anyway, does anyone know how many more episodes Fox will actually show?

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

The creator has gone on record as saying they would not be able to tell who the murderer is by the end anyway. I think he even said the person who is the killer hasnt even been introduced yet.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I don't know if anyone is still watching this though, but did anyone else get the feeling the woman from Prague is just using him to stay in the country?

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
I wish the production company would ask the writers to write the last 9 eps of the 22 episode, and place the scripts in the near-future DVD release. So at least we know whodunnit.

I think the creator said that they haven't introduced all the key characters that would explain the who and why of the homocide/murder. Even if they were to tell you who killed Sam, it'll still be one big confusion as to why when we don't know the backstory.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
12/15/05 "1994"

Well, it appears that last night's episode is the final episode that Fox will air of "Reunion". It'd done, finished, kaput, finito.

http://www.fox.com/reunion/

Read through their message board area, and one poster posted that Fox sent a memo to their affiliates informing that Reunion is done, no more new episodes to be aired, even though there are the remainder of the 13 or so episodes that were filmed.

--------

The cop got run over at the very end of the episode. Nice cliffhanger, just like the one from "Fastlane" with Tiffani Thiessen kidnapped in the series finale. Nice job once again, Fox.

--------

Also on that message board and Eonline, there's a remote possibility that the WB might pick up the remainder of the unaired episodes to air. Hmm... it's a long shot.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I guess there isn't critical acclaim for this show like Arrested Development where another network (cheer: c'mon WB!) could actually pick up the show and let them finish the mystery, is there? Didn't AD have low numbers, too? If we could see the remaining episodes on WB or anywhere, that would be a nice gift to the loyal fans.

I find it kind of crass (appropriate term?) that Fox would have a website and people can see the rest of the years "grayed out" and will never be prominent. They even have that message board link on the home page like a slap in the face. "What do you think should have happened?" The mystery was solved!
-

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Oh man... you have got to be kidding. I thought that they were supposed to air the remaining completed episodes through February. I am really getting tired of Fox doing this to people. I knew I shouldn't have started watching this show because now it's getting interesting and Fox pulls the plug on it... sooner than I had originally heard.

I wonder if anyone that works on the production of the show has considered finishing the remaining 7 episodes (assuming there was supposed to be 20 in all) and including them on a future DVD release. When I was signing the online petition to save the show last weekend, I noticed that there were well over 16,000 signatures so there has to be a market for a DVD release. I would certainly buy the show on DVD if they completed the story arc (or even included the scripts so that we can all find out who done it).

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

I recently read somewhere (probably USA Today or EW's websites) that your suggestion is not an option. I would think that if the episodes had already been filmed it would stand a chance of a DVD release. I do like the idea of the scripts though...

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
So, I watched the episode from Thursday night...it "seems" that a woman was driving the car that plowed down the detective...and we NEVER get to find out why Will became a priest...THIS SUCKS!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks