What's new

Reunion - ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Man, did everyone forget about this show already?

I liked the second ep enough to feel like I'm hooked for the run of this season. The "revelation" at the end was hinted at earlier in the episode during the confessional scene. I picked up on it right away.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I had somewhat of a revalation about this show, I didn't care for the second episode that much and i'm seeing, quite clearly I might add, that the show is in too much of a rush and isn't gelling well at all.

It's formless, and I also discovered that I don't really care for the characters, any of them. The show seems reminisent of St. Elmo's Fire, but that film is better than this show. In short, the show lost me at a pretty rapid rate of speed.

I'm out.

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator
I'm with you John. I'm curious to see what happens, but it is not worth sitting through this each week to do it. I found the acting and writing to be poor, and don't find myself caring for any of the characters enough to tune in.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The problem is that the male actors (not Will Estes) playing Aaron and Craig are pretty bad actors, but the only notable highpoint for this particular episode was parodying the Whitesnake videos by Amanda Righetti's character, Jenna.

I wonder if Fox will pull the plug after a dozen episodes or so, and then release the concluding episode on DVD. I could see that happening.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
The way they should have done the show, is that they should have planned for it to run at least 6 season's, let the characters develope slowly, then at the beginning of each new season, have it be three years later from the previous season.

Do that, and get two better leads and it might work better. This whole year later gimmick in each episode isn't working for me, or working period.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
It must just be me, but do Will and Craig look/behave a little too much like Ryan and Seth from The OC?

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I agree with Jeremy, but I think i'll give the show another week or two chance to improve before I give up on it. I thought this week was a SLIGHT improvement over last episode, so who knows.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think this is becoming a sort of guilty pleasure. I'm curious enough about what's going to happen but I can't say I think the show is "good."

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
Ratings are pretty mediocre...I hope we make it to 2006 on the show, but I'm not too hopeful.

The CSI juggernaut continues to obliterate the competition.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson

If you watched/listened closely, I think they actually revealed it in episode 2.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'm reviving this thread since now the "victim" has been revealed this week. Despite FOX's handling of this show (with all the breaks for Baseball, etc.) we have completed 5 episodes now (1986-1990) and I, for one, am now hooked on this series! "1990" was an extremely well done episode and the twist at the end made me go back and watch it again to pick up all the "Sixth Sense" moments.

If the remaining episodes keep the bar high then this will stay on my "must watch/DVR" list for sure.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Yeah I've been watching the show too. I like how they handled the revealing of the victim. I thought that she was the victim all along, but when they started showing her on the videotape, they tricked me. The characters do still bug me at times, but they're definiely getting better as they age. I did miss one episode though (87 maybe?) but I'm pretty sure I didn't miss very much because it all is still making sense. Anyway, this show is doing better than I thought it would in my opinion, so I'm glad I gave it another chance after the baseball playoffs.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I also think that this show will play very well as a DVD boxed set because watching episodes in marathon fashion will let you keep up with things. Each episode does jump a year and that coupled with a week (or more thanks to FOX's pre-emption tendencies) between episodes on the tube make it a little harder to come up to speed each week.

We can now start the "Who killed Samantha
" prognostications. Everyone is assuming that it's one of the six classmates, but are we sure? I'm thinking that maybe Samantha's daughter, Amy, or maybe one of the adoptive parents, might be involved.
In other words, don't rule out people outside the circle of six. The screenwriters might be playing with us.

;)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Yep. Five episodes so far. You can check out the recaps and other details here.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, & :thumbsdown: to Fox for not publicizing when the show was coming back, or not just waiting til after baseball to start it.

They should just move baseball to ESPN where it belongs & stop messing up the fall schedule.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I will admit that the first 2-3 episodes weren't the greatest but the last two were definitely better and now I'm hooked. I'm a girl and it has all the elements of what I like in a guilty pleasure show. I'm sticking with it and I'll be really pissed if it gets canceled. FOX is still on my sh*t list for canceling "Tru Calling".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks