What's new

Returning 53TW53 to Circuit City for perhaps LCD? In depth questions! (1 Viewer)

AndreTrixy

Auditioning
I'm not happy with the 53TW53 due to lack of 720p and computer friendlyness. I jumped the gun and bought it without doing more research.

Now I know I want 720p capable tv for my xbox and I'd prefer a tv that's easily computer friendly.

First question: I bought my Panasonic 53TW53 at CircuitCity on Jan 4th 2004, will it be a problem returning/exchangine it? Problem is, The box went outside and got trashed by rain, however the TV and everything is in excellent condition, will they charge me for no box, and how much? Next, if I go in tomorrow with a friend with the TV I want instead, and order it, can they pickup my 53TW53 when the deliever the second TV? I'd hate to try and return a 200+lb TV on the back of a truck without a box!

Second and more important question: what tv do I buy? Again 720p and computer friendly is prefered, and I'd like to keep it around 2k unless it's definatly worth the 3k for LCD (looks sweet).

Also, for some reason I'm hugely into saving energy, don't ask why. Id rather spend $100 now to save $10 on my energy bill - weird. So does LCD really use a lot less energy then rear projection?

I'm debating over:

Hitachi S500
Hitachi S700

LCD:
Sony 42" Grand Wega™ LCD Rear Projection TV
Brand/Model: SON KF42WE610 $2,699

Sony 50" Grand WEGA™ LCD Rear Projection TV
Brand/Model: SON KF50WE610 $3,099

Hitachi 50" Widescreen LCD HDTV Monitor
Brand/Model: HIT 50V500 $3,099

Panasonic 50" Widescreen LCD HDTV Monitor
Brand/Model: PAN PT50LC13 $3,099

The Hitachi and Pansonic LCD's look sweet with the shelf system going on under them, does that come with the monitor?

Please, opinions welcome as I'm looking at going in tomorrow. Thanks for your time!

SteveAnd

Grip
Sounds like you need to either look at CC's website to find out their return policy, or just give them a call/stop by. I know they have a 30 day return policy, but have no idea about the rest of your questions. I don't think you have to worry about the box though-they usually take it with them after delivery.

My LCD(Panasonic) probably hovers around the 200 watt mark, in terms of energy consumption. I don't use the speakers on my set, so that chops off about 30 watts right there. I don't know what the power ratings are for projection CRT's, although I can't imagine it would be too incredibly bad(definitely not like the power hungry plasmas).

In your case, it sounds like you 1)need to return your set asap and 2)spend a week or so doing research on all the options available to you.

MikeLH

Auditioning
Circuit City will pick up your TV without the box and bring you the new one at the same time. I returned two Hitachi's (customer returns) and finally bought a new Sony 50WE610 and there was absolutely no problem with returning the sets. Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks