What's new

Return of the Secaucus 7 (1 Viewer)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
This DVD release slipped under the radar for me. I just purchased this yesterday. It is John Sayle's first movie he directed. Secaucus 7 has been considered the inspiration for The Big Chill. Secaucus 7 has less glitter, but is more honest than the Big Chill, IMO.

I was disappointed to that Secaucus 7 DVD is presented in full frame. The format on the packaging is very deceiving. It says "Standard Theatrical release format". Does that mean it was originally shown in 1:33 to 1 ratio? Does anyone know. I would think since this presented by IFC Films they would present the movie in its OAR.

Richard Carnahan

Stunt Coordinator
I saw the film at its premiere at FILMEX back in--what?--1980 I guess, and it was intended to be shown full frame.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info. I couldn't find any information about the aspect ratio on IMDB and the above link doesn't open for me.

I have a question about the content of the movie. I thought there was a scene where the people are sitting around and making hamburger patties. The only scene is a shot of hamburgers on the grill. Am I thinking of another movie with a scene like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks