What's new

Return of the King trailer? (1 Viewer)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I just downloaded the trailer at lathamfilm.com. It is not real. It's a combination of video from the ROTK preview, the TTT EE, and the theatrical cut of TTT. Stunning, and works as a showcase for the grandeur of the trilogy, but it's not the trailer scheduled to debut on the 26th.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Word I heard on the trailer situation was that it would air with Secondhand Lions - word I heard after the bump up was that Newline was going to have the trailer post-added to the movie for the 26th like originally intended. Not sure if that's the truth or not, you know how these things go.

Kami

Screenwriter
I don't know how people could be fooled into thinking that fanmade trailer was real...it was poorly done IMO. To me it looked like every available ROTK shot put to music, without much thought at all. Music choice was poor too...was't it just yet another remix of O Fortuna?

This year's trailer is late compared to TTT which came out on August 30th if I remember correctly...could be wrong though.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
doing some digging around.

the hobbit trailer and rotk trailers at Lathamfilms.com are both pretty decent, although the ROTK one is way better than that Hobbit one. As a matter of fact, it's one of the best fan-made trailers I've seen on the net. the Hobbit one is still pretty good, different from the one I saw earlier, which was blech.

I wonder if by waiting so long, that the ROTK trailer will actually have ROTK music in it? Or will there be some more Lux Aeterna goodness? mmmmm...

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I doubt the trailer will feature music from the actual score. Most likely it'll have a mix of existing FOTR and TTT music, or possibly some more third-party music.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
Well, true, but usually the theatrical trailers are cut and out by now--which means that score music isn't available to them. But if Shore is scoring or is close to done scoring (I don't know if this is the case or not, but they should be close to locking down final edit by now) then the possibility that there IS ROTK music for them to comb through isn't that far-fetched.

I do think it's more probable that we'll get TTT music.

david stark

Second Unit
I for one will be pleased if I can get to the cinema and see ROTK without having seen a trailer for it. I'm going to go and see it anyway and I could do without having a preview of bits of it. Since I've read the books I'll just be thinking, oh thats the bit where...

some of my favourite films in the cinema is where I know nothing about the film, obviously that won't be the case with ROTK, but i'd prefer to see the whole thing before seeing any clips from it.

the chances of that happening are somewhere between zero and zero with the amount I go to the cinema, but heres hoping.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I don't know how people could be fooled into thinking that fanmade trailer was real...it was poorly done IMO. To me it looked like every available ROTK shot put to music, without much thought at all. Music choice was poor too...was't it just yet another remix of O Fortuna?
Boy, Kami, I thought I was the only one who wasn't impressed by that fan trailer. I agree with your assessment 100%. The only part that showed any kind of forethought was the three horse scenes edited in sequence - other than that the scene selection was random.

And it's now time for a new law - the next person to score fantasy sequences with "O Fortuna" from "Carmina Burina" should (a) have his filmmaking & editing gear taken away from him, and (b) be sentenced to a term of 5-10 years on the "Satellite Of Love". ;)

JasonTil

Agent
USA Today (9/15/03) indicated that the trailer is gonig to be shown starting 9/26, just as the conventional wisdom had indicated. What it doesn't indicate is whether the trailer will be available for download from the LOTR website. Anyone got any additional info?

Kami

Screenwriter
The trailer will be available for download on the same day, it always has been.

New Line wouldn't survive the fans' wrath if they didn't.

WilliamP

Grip
Last year, TTT trailer was available online 5 days before it hit theaters. If they plan on releasing it 9/26, it's possible it could be online around 9/21 or 9/22.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
The trailer is to be 3 minutes in length with 90% of it composed of never seen before footage.

Can't wait!

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover

htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
:)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Kami - the 90% new footage statement is unconfirmed.:frowning: Read it on one of the forums somewhere.

So take it with a grain of salt - sorry my enthusiasm got the better part of me.

Kami

Screenwriter
Hehe ;) Well there's no reason it shouldn't be true anyway. How many trailers have we had for ROTK? Oh yeah...the DVD peview. For two towers we had the first 4 min. TTT preview attached to FOTR in March 2002, then a teaser early summer, then a DVD trailer, then the real trailer....4 "trailers"!!! This ROTK one should blow our socks off.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
From comingsoon.net:

Any doubts as to when we will see the new trailer for The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King were erased today in the USA Today, which reads that New Line will release a 3-minute trailer for the third and highly-anticipated installment with Secondhand Lions on September 26.

"Lions" actually opens this Friday, so the trailer will be in theaters starting its second weekend. We're hearing the trailer is composed of almost all new footage and that you'll be seeing it online possibly even sooner.
I'd say that "almost" would be close to 90%. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks