What's new

Return of the King trailer NOW ONLINE (1 Viewer)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for my copy too Scott.

Let me dissent the praise with one small point. By this time hasn't every LOTR trailer looked like this. Some rowdy orcs, the Fellowship talking doom and gloom, the "big" war beginning, maybe a black rider or two, Gandalf being Gandalf.

I can see a non-reader especially thinking this footage looks just like TTT footage.

There are a few gems in there for readers however. I'm so on auto-pilot to see this one that I will probably just pass on most of the preview/trailer stuff. It's not like the SE DVD next year won't have it all collected together. :)

Right now my focus is on TTT SE. :emoji_thumbsup:

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
To a degree Seth - the shots definitely establish that this is the end game though.

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit
Considering the video is a rip from the DVD preview, I would think the preview trailer was really geared more towards the fans, which the majority already know how the story goes.

8^B

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Let me dissent the praise with one small point. By this time hasn't every LOTR trailer looked like this. Some rowdy orcs, the Fellowship talking doom and gloom, the "big" war beginning, maybe a black rider or two, Gandalf being Gandalf.
I posted almost exactly the same complaint in the official thread, almost at the same time. Basically, we've seen this movie before - or so it will seem non readers. I truly hope the TV spots and actual theatrical thrillers are a little (OK, MUCH) more creative.

--
Holadem

Matt, all I can say is GODBLESS you sir. I came home this evening at 12:00 midnight on the 31st and saw this thread. Only the second coming of Christ himself would have excited me more. I am utterly amazed and over joyed by what were about to see this December.

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
I don't think the previews need to be more creative...I think that pretty much EVERYONE who saw the first 2 (a lot of people at this point) will automatically be watching ROTK...I think that there are A LOT of non-readers of the books who are on "auto-pilot" at this point as well. I personally would like to see a much more impressive trailer than this was (though this gave me some goosebumps!), but I don't think it's *necessary* to help ROTK kick ass worldwide at the box office. This thing will be huge huge huge, even if Gandalf were to be suddenly played by Rip Taylor! :D

-Dennis

BobV

Second Unit
That's exactly what I want it to be. A congruent end to the 'mega movie'. Because really, after all this is one story, not three movies, right? This is not Diehard 1,2, and 3. These three darn well BETTER be similiar or else someone is not doing their freaking job :) .

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
Thanks, Scott. The moment that delivered the biggest chill for me in the books is in the ad...

Bob, I think those who have wrote about the similarities of the ad with the TTT trailers would say that these two parts of the story are NOT as similar as the ads would leave you to believe, and that they ARE making the movies seem more like Die Hard versus its sequels.

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
Everyone read my original linking post please.

Seems my polite request to not have this linked outside the forum was ignored by at least a few bad apples, and other sites and forums have burnt through almost 10 gig's of my bandwidth since posting.

I have to say, I really do not appriciate this, but I understand that most people were kind enough to respect my request. I have slightly changed the link and process of downloading the file, the instructions are in my above post. Hopefully that will kill some outside traffic, as my htaccess can only do so much.

Please try to keep sending this one around to a minimum, I should just take it down, but I know some people would still like to see it, so I'll leave it up for now.

Kim D

Stunt Coordinator
Scott,

Thank you. I'm currently on a 56k modem and it was worth the wait.

- kim

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Scott, I appreciate your generosity. :emoji_thumbsup: That preview was impressive and I can see some very chilling scenes in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks