What's new

Return of the King trailer NOW ONLINE (1 Viewer)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
in the middle of downloading now. Cant wait. That one picture they posted has me giddy enough.

mark_th

Grip
I just saw this. I must watch it a few more times, but looks good, of course why wouldn't it. I wonder if its from the dvd as opposed to the real trailer.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I think its from the DVD for TTT, as it doesnt have the logo at the beginning. Quality of the capture isnt great, but as our first glimpse at footage from this film, I could care less.
This looks amazing. The score during this as well. Very hopeless feel to all of it. THat there is no hope for victory. It doesnt look like they are showing and real glory shots like the helms deep trailer did, but I like that. IT is showing enough to get you hard, but not too much as to get you off. I honestly like that approach, as it is more awe inspiring when you see it in theaters.
Now bring on the damn movie already. This is torture.

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
That QT file is far from "glorious," but the trailer is powerful nonetheless. I feel like a man who's been given a sip of water after a long march through the desert.

--Jefferson Morris

mark_th

Grip
Yeah, the file itself is bad, lip synch is off, etc, but the actual footage is good. Its nice just to see something from my most anticipated film of the year! The mood is dark and you can sense the dispair and hopelessness of the situation. THe music is good as well.

Kami

Screenwriter
AMAZING!!!! Gandalf's "the board is set...." lines are in!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! The shots of Minas Tirith!!! AHHH why can't they release a better quality one!!

I am thinking this might have been the teaser trailer that they decided not to release...the length is right, it flows well, etc....its not chopped up pieces from something else.

Anyway, I have made a version that is synced up. if anyone wants to help me with hosting I'll do so.

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
TheOneRing will no doubt have a far superior shot-by-shot description within an hour or two, but in the meantime here goes.

I've done my best to identify scenes and characters, so beware of SPOILERS:

Shot of the ring in Frodo’s hand, followed by a shot of Gollum, Frodo, and Sam walking through a wooded area.

Over this we hear Pippin: “Is there any hope, Gandalf, for Frodo and Sam?”

Cut to Gandalf replying in Minas Tirith: “There never was much hope. Only a fool’s hope.”

Shot of Frodo, his face covered with grime and contorted in pain.

Then Merry to Pippin: “We shall see the Shire again.” Reaction shot of Pippin nodding, on the brink of tears.

Shot of Gandalf racing through the woods at twilight upon Shadowfax.

Then a quick shot of The Eye of Sauron, followed by a shot of some orcs.

Then Faramir, speaking to Denethor (not seen) in Minas Tirith: “My lord, Osgiliath is overrun.”

Shot of horsemen riding through the streets of Minas Tirith.

Shot of Eowyn. Over this we hear Theoden speaking to her: “I would have you smile again, not grieve for those whose time has come.”

We briefly see Theoden speaking those words, then a shot on the battlefield – could be Pippin (or Dernhelm?) cradling a wounded Merry, but it’s hard to tell. Behind them we see Gandalf.

Shot of Aragorn, dropping to his knees, with Legolas behind him.

Then Gandalf, in Minas Tirith: “The board is set. The pieces are moving. We come to it at last. The great battle of our time.”

Over Gandalf’s dialogue we see a series of shots: archers raising their bows, orcs marching, Aragorn in his kingly regalia leading a group of horsemen out of Minas Tirith, then Gandalf riding Shadowfax up a stairway onto the battlements to survey the masses of orcs preparing to lay siege to the city. The sky is appropriately filled with dark clouds.

Shot of Faramir leading a charge of horsemen across Pelennor Fields.

Shot of orcs pushing a battering ram (not Grond) against a door. Then a shot of what looks like some sort of wooden platform coming down hard on the battlements.

Shot of orcs and men fighting in the streets of Minas Tirith with fires blazing in the background.

Fantastic shot of a Fell Beast swooping out of the dark sky and destroying a catapult set up on the battlements of Minas Tirith.

Then Sam to Frodo: “You don’t see it, do you?”

Then Gollum, speaking to his reflection in a pool of water: “Precious will be ours…”

Shot of orcs catapulting fiery ordnance over the walls of the city.

Over shots of Frodo in Shelob’s lair, Sam finishes his thought: “He’s leading us into a trap!”

Then Gollum finishes his line: “…once the hobbitses are dead.”

Shot of Aragorn brandishing Anduril, then holding a torch in a cave (Paths of the Dead?).

Then a voice yells (Theoden?) over shots of Theoden riding in full armor, Legolas drawing his bow, horsemen clashing on the battlefield, and Aragorn fighting: “Ride now! Ride for ruin, and the world ending!” (or something like that).

And the final money shot: Gandalf rides Shadowfax out onto the battlements of Minas Tirith, in time to face down a Fell Beast, which lands in front of him and screeches.

Then titles:

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
December 2003

--Jefferson Morris

SarahG

Second Unit
This is one of the better Wednesdays I have had in a long long time

That was gorgeous for sure!

Loved the drama!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
This is not an official New Line release, that's why. Obviously someone got the DVD and ripped the preview

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Thanks for the descriptions everybody. The previews from the DVD that were posted have all been pulled. :frowning:

Update: I managed to link to one of the mirrors. The quality is poor, but I am very impressed. Some highlights (spoilers!!!!!):

Golem dropping the stone into his reflection in the pond, his visage diffusing.
The fell beast knocking the soldier off the tower as the camera swoops to follow the falling body.
Eowyn holding a pained/injured Merry during the battle.
Most of the battle scenes look incredible, very fast and dynamic.

There are lots of character dialogue, interaction, or 'preparing for war' shots of arrows, spears, horses 'at the ready.'

Declan

Second Unit
the 22mb link is working for me.

http://www.dvd1.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/rotk.rar[/url]

not sure of the quality I just want to see the damn thing.

Kami

Screenwriter
I'm keeping this up for 1 hour or so, no more. Don't give out the link to non-HTF members...

This version has audio synced by yours truly ;)

Edited. Sorry guys...bandwidth doesn't grow on trees.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks