What's new

Retro Lobby ....Done! (1 Viewer)

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
RETRO Lobby Done !
Well it's actually ....98% done ! Just in time for Superbowl!

I just have to hang the curtains and touch up some marks I made on the new paint. Oh yeah and put down a few more tiles seeing as I ran out of white ones.

Here is the story about the floor ......I bought the tiles 3.5 years ago when I started my HT. Now since then HD has stopped selling the tiles so I called Armstrong thursday to see where I could get some more tiles they told me the tiles were a HD exclusive and to go down to my local HD and they could order some . So I will go tomorrow and order them.

As some of you know I have had the worst 3.5 years that a person could have.

The reason it's taken me so long to finish the HT and Lobby is because ....

I got cancer in Sept. 2000,chemo didn't work so I had a stem cell transplant. As soon as I recovered from that I got into a major jet ski crash (June 2001) that entailed 3 surgeries and over a year of rehab, I had just had the 3rd surgurey and still had 3 physical therapy appointments when I had my cancer check-up (Nov 2003)..well it was back and better than ever..LOL. This time I had a bone marrow transplant (may 2003)which has left me nearly housebound...not too bad though ...I've been catching up watching movies .

So check out the pictures of my lobby and let me know what ya think. Hey I'm happy I finally got it done. To see them look at my webpage , the link is in my user profile. Hey can someone tell me if/how I can put my picture on this site?

Signed
ED

BTW- I buy/sell/collect gumball machines as hobby.... you got one or need one let me know. Oh yea and that's only some of my collection in the lobby!

Nick P

Second Unit
Ed,

The lobby looks great. I love the Coke machine. Best of luck to you and your recovery. You're definitely overdue for a break in your favor!

Chad_Henry

Stunt Coordinator
Looks great Ed, someday I'll get started on my HT room, probably not until the fall though.

I'll be touching base w/ you for that help w/ the woodworking stuff when I do though. Thanks again for the offer.

Chad

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Ed:

Great looking place. The guys at HD are really good about getting you what you need calling them should do the trick.

Stem cells? I didn't even know they were using those yet. Having MS I am really curious as to the research going into stem cells as it is supposed to be able to cure it along with Parkinson's and a lot of spinal cord injuries. The Feds have put a halt on any new research so it may be awhile.

What type of cancer do you have if you don't mind me asking?

As Nick said you are well overdue for a break in your medical condition. It doesn't sound like it has stopped you from doing what you want to do though. The best we can all do is to just keep at it.

Also, I LOVE the coke machine. It must be nice.

Parker

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Chad,

Good to see your still hanging around her I will be coming up your way soon, my birtday is in March.

Parker,

Don't mind at all....I have/had non-hodgkins lymphoma.

We all have stem cells in our body . A stem cell is the building block of you blood. They have be doing stem cell transplants for years and years. Basically what they do is put you on a dialis machine clean your blood give you high dose chemo and then give you the stem cells back. When they gave me the stem cells back it made my mouth feel like I had poprocks candy in it...do you remember poprocks candy...LOL

I think you are thinking of something a little diffrent as far as stem cell research goes..I hope they let them do stem cell research, I think if they use the research for the medical reasons and no cloning we'll all benifit in the long run

I hope your doing well with your MS.

Thanks for the compliments guy. BTW- I am a Pepsi lover and YES, there is Pepsi in the Coke machine. Vintage Pepsi machines are harder to find.

Signed
ED

DeanGo

Auditioning
Hey Ed, not to get off the subject, but you may want to check out AP John's Institute for Cancer Research. They help a lot of people who have cancer get more out of their lives.

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
DeanGo,

No problem with anything in my life ...POSITIVE mental attitude goes along way. I've been doing ok lately

I appreciate the thoughts though.

Signed
ED

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
David ,
Thanks for the compliment

That light box looks good thanks to your help.

Hey now that this project is over I have to start work on the metal light boxes. I also want to build a mame machine thanks to some members over on the avs site...LOL

Signed
ED

Rutgar

Second Unit
Hi Ed. Where did you get the Chairs? They look like a nice alternative to standard theater chairs, or sofas that I've seen.

- Rutgar

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Rutgar,

The chairs you are referring to are actually 2 loveseats pushed together they are part of a sectional made by berkline. When I went to order the set I asked if I could order just the loveseats they said yes, so there ya have it 2 loveseats the width is 12'6" they only downfall they touch both side walls in our theater .

The reason I bought these was because the only other thing I could have bought was the theater chairs by berkline but with the size of them, all I would be able to fit would be 3 chairs, so only 3 people in a theater is bad very bad...LOL

Just to let you know we had 8 adults watching the superbowl on this set. The arms of course were in their upright postion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks