1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Response from District Manager of BlockBuster on OAR!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Peter Kim, Oct 18, 2001.

1. chris_sharpe

chris_sharpe Well-Known Member

Possible good news everyone! The Warner Bros. representative I deal with weekly said that the recent amount of e-mail they have received regarding the widescreen debate is making them reconsider their full-frame only policy [​IMG].Good work everyone keep up the pressure.
    Also if their are any HTF members in Victoria, BC, CANADA please write a letter expressing your concerns over full-frame DVD's, and if possible bring them to me at my store, I work at A&B Sound(contact me via e-mail if you need address), and I will personally hand them to Warner Brothers representative for Western Canada on her next visit. If anybody else would like me give her their letters contact me and I will see what I can do.
    ------------------
    MY POWER ANIMAL TOLD ME TO SLIDE.
    MY DVD LIST(SILENTBOB96)

2. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Well-Known Member

That's great news! Let's keep up the good work. Remember, emails are fine, but written letters get more attention!

3. Steve Owen

Steve Owen Well-Known Member

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Well-Known Member

Okay, I've related to all of you the experience I had at Best Buy with being told that "there's no such thing as a widescreen tv", and being refused a raincheck on WS Cats & Dogs. How I dropped a letter to BB's HQ, and cc:ed it by hand to the store mgr.
    I also related how the mgr called me up, apologized, and offered me a $5 discount (the amount of the savings on C&D) on any other movie I wanted.
    Today I got the reply from their HQ:

5. Mark Bendiksen

Mark Bendiksen Well-Known Member

FYI, I'm posting the following message from a Blockbuster store manager who is awaiting membership with HTF and wanted to share his view.
    Thanks.

6. Rob T

Rob T Well-Known Member

wrong thread.
    [Edited last by Rob T on October 30, 2001 at 09:01 PM]