What's new

Resident Evil 4-Gamecube (1 Viewer)

I'm a huge fan of the entire RE series. The first one on PS1 hooked me for life. The second was a little dissapointing, but the 3rd and now the 4th are amazing and extremely entertaining. Great games all around.

Mark Wielgosz

Stunt Coordinator
Did anyone take special notice to the part in chapter 5-? where:

You have to walk down that well-polished hallway and suddenly those laser fields activate. Also as you proceed further down the hall they become more intricate.

My reaction to this occurence was, "What the hell? Are they making a reference to the movie?"

Most likely they were, but with one very distinct difference: It was actually exciting.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I actually like the TMP. Maxed out it is an awesomw weapon.

Tom Keels

Stunt Coordinator
If you don't think the TMP is useful then you either...

A. Haven't played very long
B. Haven't upgraded it enough
C. Haven't bought the stock for it

The TMP is almost critical for the later rounds and bosses especially Krauser

Upgrade it all the way to 250 capacity and tell me its still not useful.

I finished yesterday 21 hours 33 minutes. This is one of the most intese and fun games I've ever played.

A couple of tips I can give to folks is to stockpile grenades and save them for chapter 5 and beyond. Also do not upgrade the first shotgun very much past just capacity, save money for other weapons like the TMP.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member

I wouldn't go that far. There is nothing "critical" about the TMP at all. I don't agree with the assessment that it's useless as it can be just as effective the shotgun in putting down large crowds when you have the clip maxed out but the gun is in no way critical to completing any boss battle in the game (I didn't even use the TMP on a boss except for the final creature who was an absolute cake walk anyway.)

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
I didn't use the TMP at all. I didn't manage my money very well, each time a new weapon came up I sold my old one for the new one, so I ended up wasting a lot of money. However, my final loadout was a maxed out Blacktail and Broken Butterfly, and nearly maxed out (all upgrades but exclusive) for the Striker and Semi-auto rifle. This served me quite well throughout the game and I never felt like I was lacking without the TMP. I can see where it would be nice in some situations, but towards the end of the game especially it seems like its low 2.0 damage/shot would be a hindrance. The only other gun I used with that low of a damage was the Blacktail, and that was a finesse weapon used to initiate kicks and suplexes, not for the actual damage of the gun itself. Granted you can hold a ton of TMP ammo at 100 rounds in two squares, but I'd still worry about running out. Besides, the Chicago Typewriter blows it away. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks