What's new

Reservoir Dogs 15th Anniversary Edition from Lionsgate on 10/24 (1 Viewer)

David Dias

Stunt Coordinator
Interesting artwork. I will also only buy if they have fixed the audio/transfer problems. I also hope they transfer all the supplements from the previous release; Chris Penn's story in one of the featurettes about Lawrence Tierney is priceless.

Lee-c

Supporting Actor
Yeah, what's the word on the transfer? Will those terribly washed out colors be fixed, will the framing be put back like it was from the first DVD, will the dialog all be there in the soundtrack as it should? Thanks for any info. :)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'll also buy this new release if the transfer has been corrected. The 10th Anniversary transfer that Artisan put out looks like complete crap.

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
I may not buy it because that Harry Knowles guy is in the extras.

By the way, what do they mean when they say, "Remastered in 16x9 and 2:35 widescreen"?

Do they mean one version will fill the 16x9 screen (no thin bars) and the other in 2:35 widescreen (the correct version)? Or do they mean that there is only one version, the 2:35 version, only that its enhanced for 16x9 TVs? Seems like they could have worded in a less confusing way.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

Christ, are you serious?

I think a lot of people here know that I hate "Family Guy" but do you think that "Family Guy" content stopped me from buying the "My Name Is Earl" DVD season? What about every Fox DVD released circa 1 year ago that had "Family Guy" and "American Dad" promo BS on it?

Between this and seeing a comment (though this one could have originated on another forum) where someone said that they would pay money to buy a "Scarface" DVD that removed content about it's impact on hip hop culture I'm starting to wonder about the sanity of DVD buyers more than ever.

I hope that this DVD is the answer to our prayers as "Reservoir Dogs" fans, with a great anamorphic transfer and a soundtrack featuring all the dialogue but even though I fear the worst given the lack of reviews so late in the game (potentially the DVD equivilent of not screening a piece of garbage like "Alien vs. Predator" for film critics) I have to say that assuming that this DOES correct the errors in previous releases then you really shouldn't be concerned about Harry Knowles.

If you don't want to watch Harry Knowles when this DVD comes out then don't watch any of the special features. I don't think I've ever purchased a DVD that included an armed gunman that sat next to me and forced me to watch things on said DVD that I dislike.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Knowles' gushing, rambling and unprofessional essay in the liner notes of the Requiem for a Dream DVD is the only blemish of an otherwise quality release.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I hope the interview segments with Harry are like his reviews.

"I remeber the first time I saw Reservoir Dogs. Well, I woke up early and listened to the soundtrack to Bride Of Frankenstein and then I watched Evil Dead 2 (BRUUUUUUUUCE!) in Geek Central HQ. I ate lunch. It consisted of a ham sandwich which needed mayo and some orange juice which was too pulpy. I went to the car but had to go back inside because I forgot my keys. I found my keys and walked back to the car. There was some traffic at 5th and Main. I got to the theater and the guy let me right in because I'm so connected. I found my seat and then decided to sit somewhere else because there was some soda spilled on the floor. I think it was Coke but it may have been Mr. Pibb. There was trailers for a bunch of movies (which better be available in glorious Quicktime soon). Where was I? Oh yeah, the movie was OK."

Insert obscene number of misspellings through out. :)

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Right on, Richard.

Yeah, I'm serious about Harry Knowles. He's annoying. I don't consider him a legitimate critic. And every DVD, documentary, etc he is associated with causes it to feel "cheaper". So sue me.

But, if the new transfer is better than the old one, I might overlook the fact that is has Harry Knowles in it. I might...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks