What's new

Replacement for Mitsubishi 73" DLP (1 Viewer)

smollenhauer

Auditioning
Real Name
Shannon
Lightning took out our Mitsubishi 73" DLP TV and we need to consider a replacement in lieu of repairs. Considering the benefits of DLP format TVs, I'm trying to determine the modern equivalent for the insurance company to evaluate as a suitable replacement.

Basic specs include 60Hz and 1080p. I'll be considering going a little smaller, maybe 60-65", but want to price out the proper flat screen equivalent models in LED, OLED, LCD, etc.

So, what comes closest to the image quality and general device performance of this machine?

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
If you're willing to play hardball and sacrifice screen size a little bit, perhaps you could convince the insurance company to cover a 55" LG 1080p OLED TV. :)

The main advantage of DLP over LCD is that it handles motion well and looks fairly sharp despite mediocre black levels. The only new flat panels that come close to handling motion like DLP's are OLED's.

smollenhauer

Auditioning
Real Name
Shannon
That's the kind of comparison I'm looking for! If I can find some additional data which confirms the replacement should be OLED due to its ability to deliver comparable (or at least more comparable than LCD or LED) performance, I think I can get the insurance company to agree. Either that or they say "pay $800 to get it repaired".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks