What's new

replacement crossover for components (1 Viewer)

Brian Pokosh

Agent
I have a set of Infinity Perfect 6.1 components (car audio) that need new crossovers. Aside from ordering directly from Infinity which I'm sure will be expensive, are there any other alternatives that I could use? The specs I found are "high-pass and low-pass, 3500 Hz at 24 dB per octave"

Jason Kirkpatri

Second Unit
Have your local auto shop build them for you. My local store charges approximately $20 (sans fancy boxes, but if you stealth, np). Benefit is you can customize your frequencies, rolls, etc.

Or if you know how, go to any electronic distributor and build your own.

Brian Pokosh

Agent
I don't know how, but I do have a friend that can put it all together. Do you know of any guides that show how to do this?

Jason Fulton

Agent
I would personally get them from Infinity, I have had excellent expereinces with their CS recently, and would atleast give it a shot to try and get a new x-over. Building your own is very difficult, the x-over is really what determines the sound of the speakers, and the engineers at infinity don't spend all their time for nothing, and although I've never seen the x-over for the perfects (only reference) i'd imaging they are much more complex than a typical x-over a local shop could throw together for 20 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks