What's new

Ren and Stimpy will be Uncut! (1 Viewer)

Beau

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I really hope these are the "full" episodes. This has the potential to be my favorite DVD release ever. Not to sound like a spoiled ninny saying "no log, no sale", I'll get this either way, but I'd REALLY like these to be complete.

Terry St

Second Unit

The "cut" epidodes of R&S are the ones that originally aired. Some of the stuff just wasn't fit for broadcast when the show came out. The uncut episodes will feature stuff many of us have never seen.

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
Actually there were a few episodes that were cut further after their first airing. The Powdered Toast Man segment where he did/said something unpatriotic (I forget the details) was altered after it first aired.

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
Great news about this set coming out! :D
This set and Taxi season 1 on the same day-
It sure is going to be an expensive fall
season for movies/ TV on DVD for me. :)

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
(fuzzy memories vaguely returning)
I think he burned the Bill of Rights. Something like that.

It was an ironic scene, of course, but the censors took it literally.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
PTM wants to get a fire going and he finds "Dusty Old Papers" which he glances at and we see that they are the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. He throws them into the fireplace which ignites a roaring fire.

I don't see it as unpatriotic. It was just showing how dense PTM is. Lets not forget in that episode he downs a passneger jet to slam into a truck that is about to run over a kitten. That is much more horrific.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
That's the point, it's not unpatriotic... it's just everything that's even a possiblity is taken so seriously... to the point of absurdity.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member

From the story I read, it wasn't even "the censors", it was one single viewer that called in to complain after the first airing. Nickelodeon were so skittish about the show, however, that they went ahead and chopped the gag out.

I wonder if they'll put any of the other deleted stuff, things that weren't even in the original airings, on the dvd as well. Things like Stimpy and Sven Hoek going in the closet and playing in the litter box together, saying stuff like "look at me, I'm a sword-swallower!" :)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
This series (as well as Ripping friends) had all sorts of cuts before airing. I wonder if the people who hate adult party are going to be dissapointed that these aren't the shows they remember.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
People always Spout Man's Best friend and to me Cut or Uncut I found it to be a truely awful Cartoon. THe George Liquer Character isn't funny just overtly cruel. The Retraints put on R&S is what made the Team be creative and come up with things that would sneak into the eps subversivally. When all restraint was taken away on Spike the show became more cruel and Vulger and less Sly and whimsical. MBF I think leaned toward this and I can see why Nick did'nt allow it.

Scott Ware

Stunt Coordinator

While it's true that there were all sorts of cuts made to "Ren and Simpy", none of the content was as extreme as the material on "Adult Party Cartoon". Since cuts weren't made to "Ren and Stimpy" until after the first airing of a show, I would imagine that seeing the episodes uncut for the first time in over ten years would actually bring back some fond memories of the show.

If anyone is interested in what was cut from R&S, this site offers a pretty good archive of the cuts that were made to the show.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
This is excellent news. I like Ren & Stimpy & it is great that the season release of Ren & Stimpy will be uncut which is excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks