What's new

REM's In Time DVD? (1 Viewer)

Mike Woods

Agent
Hi, has anyone picked this up yet? I've got it on order and noticed it in a shop today. It listed the sound formats as DTS and DD5.1 couls omeone elaborate. Have the videos been remixed in six channel or does this just refer ot the live footage. Any other comments from people who already have it?

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The videos on the main program have been remixed to 5.1. I don't have the disc to verify if this is the case for the "bonus" videos. At a minimum, the following should be 5.1:

Bad Day
All the Way to Reno
Imitation of Life
The Great Beyond
At My Most Beautiful
Daysleeper
Electrolite
E-Bow the Letter
What's the Frequency, Kenneth
Nightswimming
The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight
Everybody Hurts
Man on the Moon
Losing My Religion
Stand
Orange Crush

Six of these have had previously released 5.1 mixes. I'm hoping to receive this as a birthday gift, so I haven't purchased it yet. :)

They have prepared 5.1 mixes for all of the stuff on the forthcoming "In-Time" DVD-Audio as well, which naturally overlaps a lot with the DVD-Video.

Regards,

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
All of the above should be available in DTS, DD5.1, & DD 2.0 assuming they don't pull a "Rush in Rio" on us.

Regards,

Ben Rockwell

Agent
Okay, sorry, I've evidently missed something here...there is a separate DVD release along with the CD set? I thought I had all my bases covered with the 2 disc CD set, but it seems I may have been mistaken...thanks for any other info.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
There's a CD, an SE double CD set, a forthcoming DVD-Audio release, and a DVD-Video collection. The DVD-Video we are talking about in this thread is called "In View" rather than "In Time".

Regards,

Ben Rockwell

Agent
I've only found this on Amazon, but now that I know about it I want it today. Anyone seen it in any B&M stores? DOes it come in anything other than a jewel case? Thanks for any additional info, and thanks to the OP for the heads up. I wish I had been paying attention sooner.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
It's released in both a snapper case and a jewel case. I saw it in Borders, but suspiciously, not in Best Buy...

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
For the record, not only are all of the videos on the main program available in DTS and DD5.1, but so are all of the bonus videos and the three live performances. :emoji_thumbsup:

addendum:...and the live performances from the South Africa Freedom Day Concert are in anamorphic 16:9

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks