1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

REM's In Time DVD?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Mike Woods, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Mike Woods

Mike Woods Active Member

Hi, has anyone picked this up yet? I've got it on order and noticed it in a shop today. It listed the sound formats as DTS and DD5.1 couls omeone elaborate. Have the videos been remixed in six channel or does this just refer ot the live footage. Any other comments from people who already have it?

2. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    The videos on the main program have been remixed to 5.1. I don't have the disc to verify if this is the case for the "bonus" videos. At a minimum, the following should be 5.1:

Bad Day
    All the Way to Reno
    Imitation of Life
    The Great Beyond
    At My Most Beautiful
    Daysleeper
    Electrolite
    E-Bow the Letter
    What's the Frequency, Kenneth
    Nightswimming
    The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight
    Everybody Hurts
    Man on the Moon
    Losing My Religion
    Stand
    Orange Crush

Six of these have had previously released 5.1 mixes. I'm hoping to receive this as a birthday gift, so I haven't purchased it yet. [​IMG]

They have prepared 5.1 mixes for all of the stuff on the forthcoming "In-Time" DVD-Audio as well, which naturally overlaps a lot with the DVD-Video.

Regards,

3. Mike Woods

Mike Woods Active Member

Wow, can't wait to hear E-Bow in 5.1! Any idea if all these will be both DTS or DD?

4. Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    All of the above should be available in DTS, DD5.1, & DD 2.0 assuming they don't pull a "Rush in Rio" on us.

Regards,

5. Ben Rockwell

Ben Rockwell Active Member

Okay, sorry, I've evidently missed something here...there is a separate DVD release along with the CD set? I thought I had all my bases covered with the 2 disc CD set, but it seems I may have been mistaken...thanks for any other info.

6. Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    There's a CD, an SE double CD set, a forthcoming DVD-Audio release, and a DVD-Video collection. The DVD-Video we are talking about in this thread is called "In View" rather than "In Time".

Regards,

7. Ben Rockwell

Ben Rockwell Active Member

I've only found this on Amazon, but now that I know about it I want it today. Anyone seen it in any B&M stores? DOes it come in anything other than a jewel case? Thanks for any additional info, and thanks to the OP for the heads up. I wish I had been paying attention sooner.

8. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Well-Known Member

It's released in both a snapper case and a jewel case. I saw it in Borders, but suspiciously, not in Best Buy...

9. Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    For the record, not only are all of the videos on the main program available in DTS and DD5.1, but so are all of the bonus videos and the three live performances. [​IMG]

addendum:...and the live performances from the South Africa Freedom Day Concert are in anamorphic 16:9

Regards,