1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Remote Control For Rope Lights Needed

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Oswald Pascual, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Oswald Pascual

Oswald Pascual Well-Known Member

Programing a Harmony One for my HT, and I just figure out that the rope lights were RF controlled
    before via X-10 module, and the Harmony One has no RF outputs. What do you guys suggest for
    me to control my floor rope lights, since an IR on the rope lights will not be line of sight?

Thanks

2. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Well-Known Member

Joseph DeMartino
    There are X-10-compatible IR to RF converters. You put the converter in line-of-sight to your seating position and it it sends the appropriate RF command to the X-10 box. I used to use one for indirect low-voltage lighting in my old house.

Regards,

Joe

3. Oswald Pascual

Oswald Pascual Well-Known Member

I did have one of those, but for some reason that I have not been able to figure out, my X-10 IR to RF converter will all on it's own
    start transmitting and get stuck in transmit mode. I have gone thru two of these boxes with the same results. The rope lights will come
    on and stay on while I am not in the room. I tried every trouble shooting I could find on the net and callig X-10 with no luck. This is why I am looking for something else to control my rope lights other than an X-10.