What's new

Remote Control For Rope Lights Needed (1 Viewer)

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
Programing a Harmony One for my HT, and I just figure out that the rope lights were RF controlled
before via X-10 module, and the Harmony One has no RF outputs. What do you guys suggest for
me to control my floor rope lights, since an IR on the rope lights will not be line of sight?

Thanks

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
There are X-10-compatible IR to RF converters. You put the converter in line-of-sight to your seating position and it it sends the appropriate RF command to the X-10 box. I used to use one for indirect low-voltage lighting in my old house.

Regards,

Joe

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
I did have one of those, but for some reason that I have not been able to figure out, my X-10 IR to RF converter will all on it's own
start transmitting and get stuck in transmit mode. I have gone thru two of these boxes with the same results. The rope lights will come
on and stay on while I am not in the room. I tried every trouble shooting I could find on the net and callig X-10 with no luck. This is why I am looking for something else to control my rope lights other than an X-10.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks