What's new

Remeber the 80's Camaro 'wedge' paint jobs? (1 Viewer)

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
My kids and i are fans of the new 2010 Camaro coming out (just in time for my mid-life crisis). I may or may not get one now - or I may hold out for the ragtop.

I was telling the kids horror stories about the 80s and have been trying to describe the 80's 'wedge' custom paint jobs people used to get on the 2nd gen Camaros. I have surfed all over the net looking for a picture of one and come up empty. (Which really surprises me given the 80s fascination and Camaro excitement these days)

This is the closest I got; http://www.wgsc.com/pvc/how-to-bend-pvc-pipe.htm

I was wondering if anyone here remembers what I'm talking about and if you have any photos you could share.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
That's pretty much it. Is it yours? I was looking for a 2nd gen, but that is the style of paint I've been looking for. Do you have photos of any other camaros or suggestions on finding some?

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Thats not mine, I was just bored and read your thread and searched til I found what you were talking about. I found it on google images.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Are you talking about the Baldwin Motion cars?

I've been a 2nd gen nut since the 80s. I've owned this since '91-

I really *want* to like the new Camaro, but I can't get into it much. Not sure why. I'm absolutely enthralled with its 4-door cousin, though- the Pontiac G8.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Jimi C

Screenwriter
The Pontiac G8 is based on a Vauxhall VXR8 that has been around in Europe for awhile and is considered to be a pretty dismal car over there based on what i've read/seen. They look nearly identical other than the badges.

The Vauxhall version was reviewed and hammered on Top Gear more than once. Whereas they love the 4 door Ford Mondeo.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric

I tried that and a dozen others. Dunno how I missed that one. THe wedge jobs I was loking for are on 2nd gen cars like Johns.

And yes - I absolutely LOVE the new Camaro.

I am a bit disappointed that there will be no t-top. I could settle on a floptop, but I like t-tops much more. They are more quiet and sorta fun even when the top is on. Way better than sunroofs. Maybe someday...

JasperZ28

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Jimi C

The Pontiac G8 is based on a Vauxhall VXR8 that has been around in Europe for awhile and is considered to be a pretty dismal car over there based on what i've read/seen. They look nearly identical other than the badges.

The Vauxhall version was reviewed and hammered on Top Gear more than once. Whereas they love the 4 door Ford Mondeo.

Mate, the ponitac G8 and Vaxhall are Holden's, always been Holden's will continue to be Holden's... yes it came from Australia, as all real mustle cars have for the past few years... and that base car has been around for sometime now... even the new Camaro is based on its floorplan.. Please do not attribute these to Europeans, it is offensive LOL

BTW When Jeremy Clarkson came here and run the real thing, with all the right bits.. he was much more impressed.. that is also true of the Falcon XR/GT and GTP

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks