What's new

Release Date for Extended Version:Return of the King?? (1 Viewer)

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
I know I'm gonna get flack for this, cause it's probably already been stated, but is there a solid date for Extended Version of Return of the King.

People at my work are still saying November, but I heard earlier. Anyone?

Rolando

Screenwriter
I heard as early as September but that is from memory. I am sure in a few minutes someone will be able to bring more "solid" info.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
The booklet that came with the Theatrical Edition says Holiday 2004 so I'm assuming it'll be in November like the previous two.

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
New Line Cinema will announce The Lord Of The Rings : The Return Of The King Extended Version officially in July.
All details including the gift set will then be made available so just have a bit more patience ;)

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris

oops, sorry about that. Anyway, I was kinda hoping it would come out in August, but oh well, I'll have to buy the Theatrical Edition to hold me

Rolando

Screenwriter
Well rumour had it that as the TE came out a few months earlier than the previous 2 then the EE would do the same.

Looks like that may no longer be the case.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
I heard a rumor of a November 16th release date for the extended. It could still change, but it seems likely given the pre Thanksgiving/X-Mas rush.

Martyn S

Auditioning
Rumours on the OneRing.net are suggesting that the EE of ROTK will not be out on DVD until January 2005 as New Line want to put all three Extended Editions into the cinemas before Christmas. Not sure if this is just some person claiming to be a New Line exec winding someone up by suggesting this is what will happen, but I have heard other rumours suggesting that the EE will not actually be ready for a November release. Given that in the previous two years we were told about the EE's at the same time as the TE's but this year we have not, who knows these rumours may in fact be true. Shame if they are.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
There is no way in hell they will not have this ready for holiday release. They make WAY too much money on these DVDs during the holiday and by delaying it would be cutting drastically into their holiday revenues.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
They said in the release ad in the 2-Disc set that came out this week that it will be out Holiday 2004. Fans expect it around this time and I dont think New Line is looking to disappoint, especially with this one.

Ali B

Second Unit
I heard from Entertainment (the UK LOTR distributor) that the EEs will be cinemas at the end of the year. For some reason the prints for the EEs of the first two films were flown back to American after screening here for a week when ROTK was released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks