What's new

Rejoice! SCROOGE is finally coming to DVD! (1 Viewer)

BrianCC

Grip
SCROOGE on DVD?!

Thank you very much,
Thank you very much!
That's the nicest thing that anyone's ever done for me...

(I can't believe nobody else posted that yet.:)

Howard S

Stunt Coordinator
Wonderful, wonderful news! :)

I've only ever seen this film in overly contrasty and overly bright pan & scan television versions - sometimes with musical sequences either completely cut or shortened, and with a poor quality, distorted soundtrack with little dynamic range.

Here's hoping that the DVD transfer will be all that we would wish for....

Thanks Martin Blythe.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Glad this is coming out at long last on DVD as it means I can retire the LD version. I have to admit, I loved this film more when I was a child then I do now (I grew up for years seeing this on TV with the entire Hell sequence cut from the film and it was a revelation to see that for the first time after ten years of TV viewings where I didn't know it existed). For me, the 1951 version with Alistair Sim is the definitive version of the story and I think any version of "Christmas Carol" that leaves out Ghost of Christmas Present's mocking refrain of "Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses?" as he departs is automatically weakened.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.