1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Reign Over Me" Review Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Adam Lenhardt, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Well-Known Member

The rest of my review is available here.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

This was a good film, could have been a very good film with some trimming maybe 10-15 minutes from its running time because it sort of peters out at the end, but I did like the bits of humor that writer/director Mike Binder sprinkles throughout the film, giving the main two characters, Alan and Charlie, some room to find themselves again as they re-connect after many years after dental school as roommates. Some of the writing is a little too cute and convenient, but I went with the flow and had an overall good time watching the film.

Don Cheadle (Alan) is solid, and Adam Sandler (Charlie) gets to display some dramatic chops, and also flashing some comedic Sandlerisms once in a while, but his agitated voice can be a little shrill. The female characters aren't as well written as the 2 main characters, and basically provide a supporting framework for these men, both a little adrift (from different directions) as they approach their 40's.

I give it 3 stars or a grade of B.