What's new

International Region B Inferno (1953) 3D August 10 (1 Viewer)

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I cant order it because its not letting me go forward with the phone number..it keeps giving me error messages about not the right zone, etc..

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
David Steigman said:
I cant order it because its not letting me go forward with the phone number..it keeps giving me error messages about not the right zone, etc..
Try registering for an account there before trying to make the purchase - that worked for me. Other people have said the phone number field stopped giving them trouble after they switched web browsers.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
It says please make sure you put the phone number in the right zone, I have no idea what to enter all the information is correct; this is too much trouble just to order a movie. I hope another online vendor carries it because i dont need this kind of hassle when I order. I used a different browser too. I cant get past the phone number field. :unsure:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I had no difficulty placing my order but my credit card had difficulty avoiding a nervous breakdown! Because I had never ordered from Panamint before, this transaction triggered my credit card's fraud detection system and I received three text messages. Yes, three!

I phoned them and told them they need a better fraud alarm system! If i'm ordering a type of product I regularly order - a Blu-ray disc - and the product is coming to my home address, their system should not be activated. Their response? Waffle, waffle and more waffle.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I finally ordered with zero difficulty.. I cant wait to get this.. and see how it compares to the Fox MOD ..

Andoni

Auditioning
Real Name
Andoni Iturbe-Ormaetxe Kortaxarena
I saw the movie tonight and I must say: Wonderful!
OAR 1.37 - No subtitles - Rhonda Fleming!
A very good copy with an excelent work of restauration.
Great thriller.
And Rhonda Fleming!
:rolleyes:

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Did anyone notice at the beginning just how grainy and full of speckles the image was ? It was the same on the DVD as well, so I guess it's the film elements

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
David Steigman said:
Did anyone notice at the beginning just how grainy and full of speckles the image was ? It was the same on the DVD as well, so I guess it's the film elements
I did notice that but it's often the case that the opening shots are of lower quality than the rest of the film. Examples: The Bridge On The River Kwai and the new U. K. Blu-ray of The Quiller Memorandum.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
David Steigman said:
Unless you're someone like WB or Sony, there is no money available (200 to 300K) to scrub these 61 year old elements clean of all imperfections. It's the nature of the beast and I feel it is better to get the titles out there in the best possible quality than wait for a restoration that will never be done.

Panamint Cinema

Insider
Real Name
Russell Cowe
Robin9 said:
I did notice that but it's often the case that the opening shots are of lower quality than the rest of the film. Examples: The Bridge On The River Kwai and the new U. K. Blu-ray of The Quiller Memorandum.
Usually caused by a succession of librarians or researchers opening the first can to see what's there!!

nigel19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
nigel
Is there any way to buy this movie for less than £22.
I'm in the UK and I can't find it on Amazon or anywhere else.
I don't mind paying extra for certain titles and I expect this is worth it but I do like to see if I can break the £20 barrier which is usually my limit .
Maybe a Panamint Buy One Get One Free or similar sale on the horizon ?

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
nigel19 said:
Is there any way to buy this movie for less than £22.
I'm in the UK and I can't find it on Amazon or anywhere else.
I don't mind paying extra for certain titles and I expect this is worth it but I do like to see if I can break the £20 barrier which is usually my limit .
Maybe a Panamint Buy One Get One Free or similar sale on the horizon ?
At present there is no way of obtaining this disc without paying Panamint's asking price. Panamint have already stated they are not supplying this product to Amazon. So, as with Twilight Time titles, it's either get your money out or go without.

nigel19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
nigel
Seems bizarre to not sell it on Amazon - they could be losing sales in the thousands as the majority of people won't even know the disc exists.
Why not just sell it on Amazon at a higher price that takes into account Amazons exorbitant fees?
And with fees of just 10% or lower ebay would also be a good place to sell it.

My experience of selling shows that even if your income is less per unit as it would be on Amazon , the resulting huge increase in actual sales would make for an overall increased profit - and thats the aim surely. If its not a Limited Edition then they could go that route.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
nigel19 said:
Seems bizarre to not sell it on Amazon - they could be losing sales in the thousands as the majority of people won't even know the disc exists.Why not just sell it on Amazon at a higher price that takes into account Amazons exorbitant fees?And with fees of just 10% or lower ebay would also be a good place to sell it.My experience of selling shows that even if your income is less per unit as it would be on Amazon , the resulting huge increase in actual sales would make for an overall increased profit - and thats the aim surely. If its not a Limited Edition then they could go that route.
Do tell. What all are you experienced at?Pretty sure Panamint did just fine. Other small (size or disc count) distributors don't sell on Amazon either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks