What's new

International Region B Inferno (1953) 3D August 10 (1 Viewer)

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
RolandL said:
Why do you need 2 HDMI outputs?
Because it is the only way that those of us with audio receivers over 2 years old can have both 3D and lossless audio.on Blu-Ray.

cinerama10

Supporting Actor
Real Name
peter
Johnny Angell said:
Crap, it's region locked!
Buy an all zone/region player.I got a bluray and dvd combined for less tan $100 and it plays all zones. Otherwise just change your player's 4 digit code to enable it to play all zones/regions..There are internet sites that will give you the codes for your player or contact your local dealer.Check your player's menu and you may be able to do it yourself without knowing what the code is.. If you have a dvd or bluray burner on your computer then you will be able to download a free programme that will enable you (probably illegal) to copy the disc and remove the zones or regions while it is being copied. So very simple. It is because of this that most of the major studios no longer have regional coding on their discs.

cinerama10

Supporting Actor
Real Name
peter
SAM33 said:
Don't you (or he) mean Region B?
And don't you also mean ZONE B?. Region codes (there are about 8) are used for dvds and zone codes (4) are for blurays.

cinerama10

Supporting Actor
Real Name
peter
phillyrobt said:
Someone has asked Twilight Time on their Facebook page about a possible release and they replied they don't have the right elements yet. Also wanted to note to Sam33 the US hasn't given up the ship yet...Dragonfly Squadron and a 3-d Rarities will come out this year as well as The Bubble which is from the 60s but from the director of the 50s Bwana Devil
THE BUBBLE was released in 3-D by Rhino dvd several years ago. I have a copy and they may still be available. This was a legitimate release and not a pirated one.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
cinerama10 said:
And don't you also mean ZONE B?. Region codes (there are about 8) are used for dvds and zone codes (4) are for blurays.
It's still regional coding, the world is split into regions or zones or whatever, at the end of the day it's just semantics.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
cinerama10 said:
THE BUBBLE was released in 3-D by Rhino dvd several years ago. I have a copy and they may still be available. This was a legitimate release and not a pirated one.
This was released in 1999 and appears to have been an anaglyph version. If it was still around I'd probably buy it.

GregK

Screenwriter
cinerama10, on 24 Jun 2014 - 6:55 PM, said:
cinerama10 said:
StephenDH said:
This was released in 1999 and appears to have been an anaglyph version. If it was still around I'd probably buy it.
The older DVD release of THE BUBBLE used the inferior anaglyph (red/cyan) 3-D video encoding, and was also severely cropped on all four sides.

IMHO: Best to wait for the 3-D Film Archive's upcoming 3-D Blu-ray version, which is harvested from the original camera negative.

-----

I wonder if the region 2 INFERNO 3-D blu-ray will be available to preorder via amazon.uk?

phillyrobt

Second Unit
Real Name
Robt C
The other Panamint titles are very enticing. Saw Night Train years ago at the now closed Museum of the Moving Image in London

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
GregK said:
cinerama10, on 24 Jun 2014 - 6:55 PM, said:

The older DVD release of THE BUBBLE used the inferior anaglyph (red/cyan) 3-D video encoding, and was also severely cropped on all four sides.

IMHO: Best to wait for the 3-D Film Archive's upcoming 3-D Blu-ray version, which is harvested from the original camera negative.

-----

I wonder if the region 2 INFERNO 3-D blu-ray will be available to preorder via amazon.uk?
Unfortunately, based on Kino's T&C so far, "The Bubble" is likely to be Region 1 and not shipped outside the US. Something for US 3D fans to think about whilst we're watching "Inferno" in the UK.

SAM33

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stewart
So are you saying we "can't" get this release from them in the US?

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
SAM33 said:
Figures, the ONE 3D bluray I've really been waiting for, and I can't buy a copy. :angry:

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
SAM33 said:
I haven't seen everything on their site but they don't seem too keen on shipping outside the US. It may be a licensing thing they have no control over but it's still a nuisance. Lots of US companies do this and even if they'll sell it to you it may still be region coded. No wonder BitTorrent is so popular.

Panamint Cinema

Insider
Real Name
Russell Cowe
StephenDH said:
I haven't seen everything on their site but they don't seem too keen on shipping outside the US. It may be a licensing thing they have no control over but it's still a nuisance. Lots of US companies do this and even if they'll sell it to you it may still be region coded. No wonder BitTorrent is so popular.
It is Region B coded, and we are based in Scotland, UK. We can ship to private collectors outside UK. Outside Region B a multi-region player is required.

Russell Cowe, Panamint Cinema

Panamint Cinema

Insider
Real Name
Russell Cowe
revgen said:
The only sellers who seem to sell Panamint blu-rays on amazon.co.uk is Panamint itself. And they don't ship outside of the UK.
Our Blu-rays and DVDs are all available to ship outside UK either from our own site or Amazon.co.uk. (There was a mistake with the Blu-rays on Amazon.co.uk, which is now corrected. Thanks for pointing that out. ) Blu-rays are also listed on Amazon.com. The odd DVD is UK and Europe only because of licensing conditions.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Excellent! Thank you for following up on that and clearing it up. And now you know you have a bevy of private collectors here who are anxious to send you their money! :)

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Panamint Cinema said:
It is Region B coded, and we are based in Scotland, UK. We can ship to private collectors outside UK. Outside Region B a multi-region player is required.

Russell Cowe, Panamint Cinema
Sorry if I caused confusion. I was referring to Kino's release of "The Bubble" probably not being available outside the US when they finally release it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks