What's new

Refurb Denon Avr-3803 (1 Viewer)

John_Griff

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I'm up and running. Now the only thing I'm trying to figure out is how to play my XBOX and listen to the satelite radio at the same time!! I can't seem to figure out how to do that, if it is even possible.

Kriszi

Auditioning
Could somebody please explain to me how I can record a television program on my VCR that is hooked up to my Denon receiver. I'm using the S. video hookups for both input and output. I do not have the coaxal cable hooked up to this VCR ((as it is the second VCR)). I have read the instructions thoroughly but have become completely frustrated. I've checked all my connections, but when I turn my VCR on it will not record what I'm watching on the television screen. What is on the television screen is running through the receiver ((through the TV input, using the S. video input)).

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Well, as a helpful suggestion, you might want to re-post as a separate thread to get more responses. This thread's pretty loaded up...

If you are getting a good picture and stereo sound into the 3803 from your TV, then you should be able to get what you're looking for.

Have you double checked the VCR connections? The VCR's inputs and outputs connected to the correct connections on the 3803 (eg. VCR's output to VCR 1 or 2 input on the 3803?)

On the 3803, is the REC OUT setting set to SOURCE? IOW, if you are watching and listening to the TV, the VCR should be able to pickup that signal and record it.

On the VCR, are you setting it to the AUX input to tape from? Since the signal is no longer r.f., you can't use the VCR's tuner.

Hope these help...

Kriszi

Auditioning
Thanks a million! I had been setting the record out to the VCR two position. Another problem I had was my VCR was resetting the rear video input to the composite position every time I turned the power off. I have to go into the menu every time I want to record and reset it to the S. video position. I spent three hours trying to figure this out and I'm wondering if other people might be having similar problems since the manual that comes with the Denon receiver is not that good. Would it be helpful to start a separate thread entitled "help for Denon owners" and sticky it?;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks