What's new

"REDS" Coming November 7 (1 Viewer)

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Walmart.com has "REDS" on HD DVD available for pre-order. Street date 11/7. Has this been posted anywhere else?

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for answering my question, Crawdaddy.
I don't bug the SD forum anymore (just bug people here!), so I missed that.

I'm going to bug the SD forum right now, to find out about the SD LD non-anamorphic transfers for the original trilogy!
Bye.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I'm thinking it must just be a mix up on Wal-marts end, but just imagine this-
somewhere out there, its just possible that there exists one or two (maybe even three!) filmmakers who would look on the prospect of an HD release of their film(s) as something to be desireable- finally a way to really show off their 'art' in the finest light possible. It wouldn't matter as much to them that the format hasn't 'penetrated' a certain level because whats more important is how their work is being represented in the marketplace.

-as opposed to the 'big name' filmmakers who look down on new technology until the numbers crunch in their favor for one big money grab.

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
Can't wait. I never thought I would see an HD DVD release of this film, but it is definitely one that I want. A friend of mine saw a new print of the film last year when the Coolidge Corner theater did a retrospect for Vittorio Storaro and he said it looked beautiful. Hopefully, Paramount will use the same source material for the HD master.

Ed Faver

Second Unit
The Look and Sound of Perfect lists REDS on their upcoming release list for HD-DVD. It could be coming in October...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks