1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Redband vs Greenband trailers

Discussion in 'Movies' started by RyanAn, Jun 3, 2007.

1. RyanAn

RyanAn Well-Known Member

Do you often seek out a redband trailer if they are made available? I seem to remember them quite often back in the day but the most recent ones I remember now are Not Another Teen Movie, Superbad and some softcore flick from the 90's probably with Anna Nicole Smith. (rip!)

Do you think Redbands take away from a movie by showing to much? Are they often shown in theatres? Just in NC-17s?

ry

2. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Well-Known Member

You might get more replies if you explain what you mean by "redband" and "greenband" trailers.

3. Mike~Sileck

Mike~Sileck Well-Known Member

I think he means the "This Preview has been approved for audiences of rated R films" - trailers (Redband)....

I've only seen one of them, curious if there are more available on the net?

4. RyanAn

RyanAn Well-Known Member

Well, I thought I was being specific enough - guess not. Mike knows what I meant in the original concept.

5. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Well-Known Member

For most trailers, before it starts up, there is a green message that appears that says that the trailer is approved for all audiences. That is a greenband trailer.

A redband trailer has a similar message, but it is red and has a rating attached to it.

I've only seen one redband trailer in the theater, and that was for American Pie.

Jason