What's new

Red Riding Hood trailer (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
This is my kinda film. Looks very Tim Burton'ish, love it! http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/redridinghood/

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
but it says from the dir of Twilight, has she directed anything good, sorry anything else?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It was okay, set in some time without guns, but with medieval type of weapons, and provincial outlook. The film was not all that exciting, even during direct confrontations with the big bad wolf (because the wolf is so ridiculously fast and strong), who had been satiated for years with livestock sacrifice under a blood red moon in order to not kill the people in a village, but then something happens, a human is killed by the wolf, and the villagers become truly fearful of their lives and are on high alert. Valerie (Amanda Seyfried) is one of the villagers who is initially impacted by the human killing. The villagers call for the priest-like entity (played by Gary Oldman in an uninspired role) to help defend themselves from the wolf. After setting up some of the rules of the wolf (there are places that the wolf can't go), it ends up being a who-is-it supernatural mystery.

There is something in how Catherine Hardwicke (the director) frames her shots that is irritating to watch, she picks odd angles, and overall, those choices aren't as effective to mine the horror from the wolf's rampage (perhaps she's under the PG-13 shooting guidelines, nevertheless, better directors could think of better ways to shoot scenes than what she's demonstrated so far).

This film is aimed at young girls, and it might be a decent matinee viewing as well.

I give it 2 stars or a grade of C.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/girl_with_the_red_riding_hood/

Well 12% on community and 6% on top critics.

That can't be good.

Ralphie_B

Stunt Coordinator
First "The Unborn" and now this? I'm not sure I understand the pattern here, Mr. Oldman...

Maybe there is no pattern (I sure hope not!)...

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
I thought this movie wasn't bad I just watched it on Bluray the other day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks