What's new

recommendations for bookshelf speakers... (1 Viewer)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Just IMHO, but I really liked the fairly balanced sound of the B&W DM602 Series 3 bookshelves. Good bass extension for a bookshelf, and they're easy to drive.

Everything is a personal preference when it comes to audio.

Just don't get B(l)ose!!!

Dan

Chuck Schilling

Stunt Coordinator
Kenneth, since accuracy was an important criteria for you, another vote here for NHT. I'm using NHT in both my HT systems and will tell you that they are exceptionally accurate, neutral speakers.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I'd look at the Swan Diva 2.1s. $380 in Faux Black Cherry or $415 (on sale) in Rosewood. Great sound. Won out in my comparrison to a pair of B&W CDM 1NTs. Sounded richer and fuller (both powered by a 1066/1075 combo at a local A/V shop).

Check out www.theaudioinsider.com :)

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Dan...I like the B&W 602 S3s. I thought they gave just the right sound for their size. Bass response was quite nice with the 7" woofer and extra size of the cabinet. Nice imaging on them as well.

-Dan

cabreau

Second Unit
You can get a pair of Paradigm Studio 20's for just over $600 for the pair. You want accuracy and a nice, clean reproduction of instruments? This is definitely an option for around that price.

Rich.S

Auditioning
I'll put in a vote for the Triangle Titus 202. They retail for $500, are Stereophile Class B (if that matters to you), and sound great. I'm planning on using them for rear speakers as soon as I come into some cash. I think they go down into the 40s as far as extension goes. For $100 more, you can get a real wood veneer - still within your budget.

BobAlbano

Second Unit
I would throw in a vote here for the ACI Emeralds if they are in fact selling for $650.00. I would also look at the offerings from GR Research, Quad 12L's to be specific ($650 used on audiogon all day), as well as the Rocket 250's, and the Swan 2.1's. There are lots of great speaker out there in this price range...Have fun auditioning...:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks