What's new

Recommend me some TV on DVD (1 Viewer)

KyleK

Second Unit
I am looking for a new series to get into. Shows I have really liked especially on dvd include Twin Peaks, Firefly, Smallville, and Batman: The Animated Series. I was considering the X-Files but I'd like to hear some other suggestions before I commit to something. ;)

Thanks,
Kyle:D

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
Speaking from experience over the past couple months, LOST and Smallville have kept me very busy and entertained.

Allen_Kir

Stunt Coordinator
Gilmore girls or One tree hill I satarted watching these shows because I got them for really cheap prices, and now I love them.

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
What's Happening

A show I have never seen in the 70's until now and I can watch it over and over again and won't get bored...

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
I'll echo 24, and add La Femme Nikita, American Gothic, Millennium, The Lone Gunmen, the Stargates (SG1 and Atlantis), and Emergency.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
All the above suggestions seem like good ones but...

Just a note, the first three seasons of The X-Files are getting a drop in price on January 31. I assume the rest of the seasons will also get a price drop throughout next year as well. You might want to hold off on purchasing The X-Files until then. :)

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
"Alias" -- better on DVD than on TV.

"Veronica Mars" -- immensely entertaining.

"Lost" -- only $29.99 this week at Best Buy.

"24" -- loved 1 and 2 (3 was so-so), season 4 will be out in a couple of weeks and it was excellent.

"The Shield" -- the most recent season (4) left me underwhelmed, but the first three are very entertaining.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
90s: Freaks and Geeks, Lateline
80s: Moonlighting, Wiseguy
70s: Kolchak, Columbo
60s: Naked City, Outer Limits
50s: Mr. Peepers, Adventures of Superman

Valerie G.

Stunt Coordinator
Most (if not all) of these have already been posted, but I highly recommend:

Stargate SG-1
Stargate Atlantis
LOST
Quantum Leap
Gilmore Girls
Moonlighting

Those are the best of what I've been watching lately. Top notch!

Ryan-G

Supporting Actor
Another vote for Lost and 24. I'll also add Buffy and Angel, which were made by the same man who did Firefly.

Can't go wrong with any of those 4 IMO.

andyEckles

Agent
Dynasty - Season 1
A Great example of how an older series can be done into a very nice product. Excellent audio/video quality, great packaging, great acting, and a fantastic storyline.

Kenneth Bova

Agent
I'll be the first to recommend Dead Like Me. Only 2 seasons, but it is a wonderfully original dark comedy/drama. Everyone I recommended and showed this series to absolutely loves it. It's a shame it doesn't get more mention from people.

Ken

Chris Herrin

Auditioning
Smallville, 24, Homicide: Life on the street
But if you like comedy, I sincerely recommend Scrubs and Arrested Development

David Rosen

Agent
Scrubs, Alias, Arrested Development, LOST, Veronica Mars, Gilmore Girls, and 24 (seasons 1,2, or 4) are all shows that have consumed my life in the past couple of months.

Oh, and I second the Dead Like Me nomination. I have only seen the first season, but I have the second waiting for me during winter break once I finish finals. Its funny, but a dark funny, very different than Scrubs, Friends, and the like.

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
Friends, Fraiser, or Home Improvement, or StarTrek the Next Generation are excellent ones to collect.

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator

I recommend these:

Taxi Seasons 1-3
Seinfeld Seasons 1-6
Friends Seasons 1-10
Who's The Boss? Season 1

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks