What's new

Recommend me a “High Fiber” cold cereal w/o raisins. (1 Viewer)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
I’m kinda’ tired of my usuals, Post Shredded Wheat mini’s and Kellogg’s Cracklin' Oat Bran. I also need to be able to buy it at either Krogers, Publix or Walmart. A friend let me try one of his Kellogg’s All-Bran Brown Sugar Cinnamon Bars. I thought this snack bar tasted pretty good, for a high fiber-low fat snack.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
If you read the kashi labels closely, you'll find that the "diet" variety has more fat & calories than the regular variety.... they just reduced the portion size! :angry:

Anyway, how about Cheerios, or Total?

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Todd: Hmmmm...never heard of that one...can you buy that at Kroger, Publix or Walmart?

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Garrett: Of course I’ve had Cheerios. It’s good, if not a little bland. I don’t always have fruit on hand to dress it up though. Never tried Total, that’s a possible candidate.

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Todd: Uncle Sam cereal? Are you pulling my chain or what?! I wonder if these are regional cereals that are not available nationwide?

Todd Harlan

Agent
You can find the Kashi cereal just about anywhere.

I usually look at the weight when I compare the serving sizes. I think it's a better comparison and they are usually around 30g. The Kashi GoLean Crunch is actually 53g(1 cup) and Cheerios is 30g (1 cup). I also enjoy the Total Protein, but it's not high fiber.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
I'll second the Uncle Sam cereal, it also has flax seeds in it which provide "good" fats. If it's regional, it must be East Coast as I've seen them buy it on "The King Of Queens" before.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i don't know if mueslix makes one without raisens, but i call that stuff "colon blow"....

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Unfortunately, I recognized that reference as well. But, I was going to let it slide. :)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Kellogg’s All Bran.

No added sugar, no raisins and very high fiber.

Someone has already mentioned Cheerios—though not quite as high in fiber, it is still pretty good.

I eat both without added sugar—though I will sometimes add fruit.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Ah yes...Colon Blow...

Announcer: Hold it! Is that what you’re having for breakfast?

Man: Sure, haven't you heard? Fiber is really good for you.

Announcer: Well, there's fiber, and then there's high fiber. Try this.

[ offstage hands replace cereal box with Colon Blow cereal box ]

Man: Hmm.. Colon Blow. Sounds delicious. But is it really higher in fiber than my oat bran cereal?

Announcer: Take a guess: How many bowls of your oat bran cereal would it take to equal the fiber content of one bowl of Colon Blow?

Man: Two?

Announcer: Guess again.

Man: Three?

Announcer: A little higher.

Man: Four?

Announcer: Keep trying.

Man: Five?

Announcer: No, you'll have to do better than that.

Man: Seven?

Announcer: Guess again.

Man: Eight?

Announcer: We'll give you one more guess.

Man: Nine.

Announcer: Not even close. [ table starts shaking ] It would take over 30,000 bowls. [ a giant pyramid of cereal bowls shoots up from under the man, who yells in terror as it rises ] To eat that much oat bran, you'd have to eat ten bowls a day, every day for eight and a half years.

Man: [ after the pyramid settles; shouts from afar ] Wow! I think I get the picture! Colon Blow must be the highest fiber cereal on the market!

Announcer: Not any more, now that there's new Super Colon Blow.

Man: Super Colon Blow?

[ pyramid rises even higher with the man screaming ]

Announcer: It would take over two and a half million bowls of your oat bran cereal to equal the fiber content of one bowl of Super Colon Blow.

[ pyramid settles ]

Man: [ overwhelmed ]I'm convinced! [ looks down the pyramid in panic ]

Jingle: "Colon Blow and you-u-u-u in the morning"

Announcer: Colon Blow and new Super Colon Blow.

Voiceover: Warning: may cause abdominal distention. Consult a physician.

Todd_B

Second Unit

Nope :)

Our local Krogers and our local Wal*Marts carry it. It really is quite good :emoji_thumbsup:

Todd B

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
:laugh: sorry, if it sounded like i was trying to pass it as my own joke. i assumed most people knew what i meant...great skit!

SarahG

Second Unit
Kashi or Fiber 1, but I don't really like either of those. They will also...well, they will churn your stomach. But you may adapt to it after a while.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Guys, it's Kroger not "Krogers." Sorry to rant but that's a pet peeve of mine and I hear people say it all the time.

It's like when people say "Wal-Marts" or "Targets."

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter

Yes, but in this case I believe Todd was adding "s" to refer to multiple Kroger stores. So saying "Krogers" is the same thing as "Kroger stores", at least how Todd phrased it. Maybe not gramatically correct, but it's common usage nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks