What's new

Recommend a Bluetooth Headset (1 Viewer)

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
Trying to decide on a Bluetooth headset for my cellphone and I'm looking for suggestions on models to buy or avoid. A guy I work with said he's tried four or five and they all sucked, but he couldn't name any specific models. Any opinions out there?

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I just bought two for my wife and I after doing significant research. I'm still not completely convinced that there is a good one out there, but we'll see. I got them in yesterday, but won't have the new phones for a few more days.

Anyway, I went with the Logitech Traveler from Newegg. At just over $50 it seems hard to beat. Motorola seems to be the most popular brand, but most online reviews (pro and user) say they don't have enough volume for any non-silent situation.

If this theard is still going when I get the phones in I'll post an update on the Logitechs.

Dan D.

Stunt Coordinator
Michael, I was also looking for a Bluetooth headset a couple of months ago. After quite a bit of Internet research, I finally settled on the Jabra JX10. I've been very pleased so far. It's a bit expensive, but incredibly small and lightweight, and the sound quality is very good. My wife bought a Plantronics 510 which is decent, though not as good as the Jabra, so I suspect we'll be ending up with another one of those in the next few months.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I have the Jabra BT500. But I've heard nothing but good things about the JX10 and the new 645 from Plantronics.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I just bought the Motorola HS850. While cool and all, it does lack volume. sounds like a consistant problem.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler

How about something a little more inconspicous? The Robocop 4000's are hard to beat.

Seriously, all the execs here use the Jabra and swear by them. I tried one but I always felt like I was singing onstage for Van Halen

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I use the Motorola Bluetooth Speaker. It clips to my visor and is nice and loud.

And best of all, I don't look like a 'dork' with that giant bluetooth clip on my ear ;)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
LMAO!!!!

CAR Visor!! Car Visor!!!! :D But I may just have to think about getting me one of those head visors. Do they still make them in translucent green??

Kevin T

Screenwriter
whatever you decide to get, please please please for the love of whatever deity you worship, don't be one of those self-important assholes who walk around with it on all day. words cannot express the venom-filled hatred i have for those people. as if the world will collapse because you missed your wife's call to pick up an extra container of potato salad on the way home.

kevin t

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
Last night I went out and picked up a Motorola HS850 and Plantronics Discovery 640. The Motorola is being returned tonight. As Randy mentioned, the volume level leaves a lot to be desired. Also, I don't like the onnoxiously bright blue light shining on the side of my head and it has a tendency to swing around on my ear too much. The 640 is extremely comfortable, working with a soft in ear gel insert as opposed to a hanger style. I sensed some static if I had the phone on the opposite side of my body from the earpiece. Other than that, volume levels are good, although people on the other end of the call hear a fair amount of ambient noise. Wish I could find a 645 for comparison. When I return the Motorola tonight I may pick up the Jabra JX10 for testing.

Kevin, I'd never wear this around all day. Want to use it for my trips to and from the office and for use while driving. Cell phone use while driving is outlawed here unless you use a hands free headset. I've tried a cabled headset, but it just gets in the way all of the time.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
That's why I got the Bluetooth speaker...I only need to be concerned about hands-free when I'm in the car (due to it being illegal). The speaker phone is loud enough and I don't have to worry about it not fitting in my ear or making my ear hurt. A lot of those devices hurt my ears...Also, it's always in the car, so I never have to worry about looking for it, losing it or trying to attach it to my ear...I just get in the car and hit the on button. Also, when I leave the car I don't even have to turn it off, I just walk away and the bluetooth loses the connection.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
I tested a limited batch of these and I like the Motorola 700 (small, good battery life, no scratchy sound) and the Plantronics 510 had good sound, but it did not fit behind my ear well. A bunch of others (lots of motorolas) stunk.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks