What's new

Recently got an XBox (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

No, they relied on the film to hype the game & garner publicity combined with a savy (and cheap) campaign in the regular gaming press.

Welcome to the forum, Hope.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
for some reason i just wasn't as impressed with Riddock. it wasn't bad, but i've been hooked on many other games like KOTOR and Splinter Cell (well all the Clancy games).

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Philip-

These are all good suggestions, take your pick. The best thing about getting into Xbox now is that a lot of the titles can be had for new ~$20 and on eBay for ~$12.

I would start with some older, cheaper titles and move up:

* Halo (if you haven't played it, this should be first game bought!)
* Prince of Persia
* Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
* Jet Set Radio Future (at $10 definitely worth a shot)
* Beyond Good and Evil
* Silent Hill 2
* Gladius (if you like Strategy RPGs)
* Crimson Skies

Some of the newer, more expensive games that are must-plays:

* Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (stealth at it's best)
* Ninja Gaiden (if you crave old school action)
* Riddick (RPG goodness, bit short though)
* R6: Black Arrow (if you like squad CT shooter types)

Anyway, too many dang titles to list. Start with the ones mentioned in this thread and you'll be busy right up to Nov.9 ;)

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Finished Splinter Cell over the weekend. Overall, a pretty fun game. Then I was able to fully immerse myself into KOTOR. I hope I finish this game soon, because Im getting nothing else done. :b I must be behind the learning curve though as I am already 17 hours into the game and Im just now left Taris. I was trying to complete every little quest I could, but I still missed one of the bounties (Largo I think?). Anyways, just thought Id pop back in and re-thank you all for the recommendations so far. :emoji_thumbsup:

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
The Riddick Demo did'nt impress me too much but I think I'll pick up the game one it price drops

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Thanks to this thread I finally had to give in & buy Fatal Frame. (ebay'd for $15 shipped)
I just got it today & am just waiting till it gets dark :eek:

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Well Brian, did you survive the night???? FF is on my radar so I would like a small review if you get around to it, or are you still playing from last night? :D

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Sorry for the delayed reply.
I was able to play Fatal Frame.....for about 10 mins before it would freeze up. Both times, same place.

I think my Xbox (now 2-3 years old) is dying. I've been having lots of problems with many games.
I'm going to try again tonight.

As far as a mini-review goes...

Fatal Frame: A very short game.......
Brian
:D

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Well, since last posting, I have gone through KOTOR as a Light Sided Jedi. Kick in the pants game. I started a new game going Dark Side, but having problems staying as interested since I know all the terrain already. Im gonna let it sit for a month or 2 and try it again. Finished Splinter Cell and Castle Wolfenstien (both really good games) and have been fiddling with ESPN NFL 2K5. Today, I saw a used copy of Fatal Frame and picked it up. Looking forward to a good scare tonight.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I will second the Buffy the vampire slayer pick. I have never seen the show and still loved the game. This is a great game and probably very cheap now at a store or eBay.

Otogi very cheap and a great game.
Ninja Gaiden
ESPN any of the new ones out this year only $20

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I finally finished NG about a month or so ago. Tino had recommended it to me with the warning of "its hard and you'll want to quit, but just keep at it cause its so cool". While true he forgot to tell me that I would be bordering on setting my "cheating" XBox on fire or threatening it with a toss into the street. :D

I just bought and have been playing SW Battlefronts and I have to say that its quickly losing my interest. Its okay and kinda neat to play in those settings, but sans online play at this point its generally not that great. Maybe if I go Live with it I might feel differently. We'll see.

I'm gonna shift my time toward XMen instead now.

Also, I'm selling Madden 2005. Just not as good as ESPN 2K5.

Someone asked about the Medal of Honor games. They are okay but probably not worth buying, even at a $20 price.

Kevin G.

Second Unit
Just realized this thread is kinda old, but am also new to XBOX, just got it for my birthday a couple weeks ago, and have been hooked!!!!!

The wife can't get me to do anything at night 'cause I grab my daughters and head for the TV,(My youngest loves Scooby DOO, and my 7-yr old plays Xmen Legends as well as I do!!!)

Splinter Cell comes out when they're in bed!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks