1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

receivers

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Dobok, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Dobok

Dobok Member

I am so finished with this Pioneer a/v receiver so I am looking for a new one. I am using polk audio speakers with polk mini towers up front to help the centre channel with a Paridgim 12 inch subwoofer (7.1 set-up). I need a receiver to hook up to a blue-ray player and directv hr24 receiver and to do a couple of zones. I am a little worried about handshake issues but I am hoping that issue is almost dead now !!!! Ok Guys --what are you using---Why ---and I want something with alot of power too.Budget is up to around $1200. Thanks Dobok

2. Dave Upton

Dave Upton Owner
    Owner

Dave Upton
    At that budget, I would look at the Denon 3313CI, the Onkyo 3010 (refurb on accessories4less) or perhaps the 3009. The onkyo's have more power, but the Denon has amazing Zone 2/3 features. I have reviewed all of these and found them extremely solid.

3. Porcupinepuffer

If you're looking for something with minimal problems, Yamaha RXA-2020 would likely have you as happy as a pig in poop. I have a much smaller and older RXA-800 that sounds fantastic with my Polks. But I'm using an A6 center, A7 fronts, A3 rear surrounds, and R15's for back surrounds, with a Velodyne Subwoofer.

4. JOHNnNM

JOHNnNM Member

I just bought a Pioneer.... :)