What's new

Receiver to tame RF-7? (1 Viewer)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Well, I kinda upped my budget "slightly" hah.. I went to Ultimate Electronics here in Vegas. I was really like the way the the Kenwood Sovereign sounded with the Klipsh speakers. Very nice.

I also like the Pioneer Elite's sound. The problem I had with the Pioneer was the HEAT. It was so hot, just sitting there, that I couldn't even touch the sides of it. You could feel the heat coming off of it just standing in front of it. There must have been some sort of a problem with it. It did work though.

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
If you like the Yamaha Keep it and use the out puts from it and get a nice 2 channel amp to power the RF7s that way yo can still keep the yamaha and get the sound that you are looking for.

Some amps I would Consider

Rotel,Adcom,B&K, Outlaw, NAD, Parasound,

Check out Ebay or Audio Gone for some used stuff. But what do i know I only sell the stuff.

Good luck and happy Hunting

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Well, I finally made my decision and picked up the new Denon 2803 today! All is now good! That nasty 'edge' that would sometimes make you squint your eyes is now gone.

It's a little down on power compared to the Yamaha, but it's still sufficient.

The only problems I have so far are -

1. It seems you can only go through the receiver setup through the T.V. On the Yamaha, I could do all setup on the receiver display.

2. The remote doesn't seem to have any preset codes depending on your equipment (Except for Denon..). It's a learning remote, so it's not a BIG deal, just a hassle.

DanaA

Screenwriter
Denon makes very nice receivers and they are used by many Klipsch owners, so congratulations. They aren't known for either the greatest owner's manuels or their remotes, but once you have the thing set up and callibrated, you should be off to the races. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks