What's new

Receiver Shootout - Denon AVR-3806 VS Yamaha RX-V2600, Which one would you buy? And W (1 Viewer)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I use mine in "2 channel mode" for CD music listening and it DOES use the sub. Not sure where the confusion is.

BrettisMckinney

Second Unit
Hey Neil. The confusion is from a review at audioholics-

Listening Tests – Two-Channel Music
I utilized Yamaha’s Pure Direct mode for all 2-channel listening in order to hear what the RX-V2600’s amplifiers were capable of putting out. Pure Direct puts the unit in 2-channel bypass mode with no sub output. With my main speakers set to ‘Large’ the Yamaha’s amp was working hard, driving full range frequencies to both of my SI-6100 mains.

So what is 'Pure Direct'?
Oh and are you happy with the 2 channel performance? I'm hoping to hear a noticable difference from my rx496

mylan

Screenwriter
Pure direct turns off the video circuity for a supposedly better audio sound as well as defeating DSP processing. i can't comment on the sound quality difference between the two but, if what i read is true, there is a noticeably improved amp section in that 2600. It should be quite an improvement.

BrettisMckinney

Second Unit
Thanks mylan...sounds like a nice idea. Pity it cancels out the sub channel though. As long as you have some nice mains then i guess it would be great

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks