What's new

Receiver question ELITE (1 Viewer)

Chris Elm

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys.
I have been doing alot of reading and have come to the consensus that I would be getting the vsx 45tx in the near future. However, now I was thinking that I could just get the 41tx, and spend the rest of the money on a good 2 channel amp for stereo.

Would I be able to hook up an external amp to the 41 receiver without any problems, or would I need a seperate preamp?
When playing the stereo, would the sub (hooked up to the receiver) still be in play or would sound strictly come from the two mains?

Any thoughts on any of the above?

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Why not get the pioneer 811 and a 2 channel amp. No reason to spend the extra $200+ on the 41 when the only difference is it has the glossy look, 110 instead of 100w/channel and Re Eq. If I were you I would get the 811 and spend all that extra money on a good 2 channel amp like rotel, parasound, outlaw, or whatever you may be looking at.
Don't waste your money on the 41...

David Susilo

Screenwriter
If you're getting the 41TX, don't waste your money and just buy the 811 as Chad mentioned.

Beg, borrow, steal, or save the extra$$ until you can afford the 45TX. It's really worth the money.

MOSFET amplification and Auto MCACC themselves are enough justification for the $$ difference, not to mention the kickass remote.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
MOSFET amplification and Auto MCACC themselves are enough justification for the $$ difference, not to mention the kickass remote.
i was going to say this, but i was beaten to the punch. i'll say it anyway. auto mcacc and the mosfet amplification really make this receiver a great value. i'd go with that one.

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks